Everyone has their own real estate portfolio goals and you have to figure out what strategy works best for you.
Currently, I have one B type SFR property in a C type neighborhood
one B type SFR property in a B neighborhood, and I have
5 A type SFR properties in an A neighborhood where the schools are all rated 10/10/10 and were all acquired brand new in the last 5 years.
When the opportunity arises I plan to trade up my 2 C and B SFRs for two more A SFRs. My goal is to own 10 A type SFRs free and clear. I find that the management of my A SFRs are truly passive and easy to manage and attracts 700 credit / 100k+ income tenants who pay rent before the 1st of the month, takes great care of your property, calls you perhaps 2-4 times a year. These A type assets seem to appreciate much faster than my B and C type assets and it is not uncommon to see multiple applications arrive at your email within the 1st week of listing the home for rent.
For my buy and hold I like to buy A type assets from motivated sellers at a 10-20% discount less than 10 years old.
For fix and flip, my criteria is look for homes built in the 1990s in the A type neighborhood where I know homes in the neighborhood will turn quickly.
James
Originally posted by
@Jamie Montpellier:
Dear BP members,
Here's the thing, we constantly hear about buying value right from the get-go and so I wish to know if buying turnkey properties in A neighbourhoods is a no-no because the value is already priced in...
Or should we be bargain hunting and looking for :
B type property in A type neighbourhood
C type property in B type neighbourhood
What do you think?
Jamie