What’s a good deal on a cash out loan?

What’s a good deal on a cash out loan?

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 18 votes

I bought a duplex and house in Memphis in 2016/17. Cash $42k and $34k. Have put in $20k each (most of which was paid for in rents). Now valued $90k and $75k and cash flowing.

Need to pull cash out to fund medical care for sister.

Have been offered a 60%LTV loan at 7 1/2% adjustable rate over a 20 year period. Will cost probably $4k closing costs.

Is this a good deal in today’s climate? 
Are there better options? Who should I go to?

I’d appreciate some feedback.

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 435 posts · 300 votes
6y

Hello @Eva Neikirk

I am sorry to hear about your sister I hope her condition improves. 

I am glad there are people like you reaching out on BP and hopefully I can help you out a bit. 

Here are my two go to guys. 

You will probably get around a 70-75% LTV 4-5% fixed 30 year am. with yea around $4k closing costs. sounds a little better that what you have been offered.

Greg Iverson Branch Manager Delmar Mortgage NMLS# 30998

Aaron Chapman Security National Mortgage, Inc.

Being local in Memphis. On the note of local banks/credit unions they tend to shy away from lending to out of state investors (if you are one) and their rates and terms would sound like the ones you were quoted already. Your best bet would be with one of these national conventional lenders I have referred above that lend to turnkey buyers they know the investment real estate system etc. Feel free to reach out with any other questions you have. 

Best of luck

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Keep looking. Maybe Memphis is different but a standard loan should be about 75% ltv, 5% interest. 20 yr am. Closing costs are high too. go to credit unions then local banks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    Thanks! That’s what I thought too about it seeming unfavorable for us.

    Will google Credit Unions, since I am out of state and don’t know off-hand.

  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Allan Smith

    Agreed

  • Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 435 posts · 300 votes
    6y

    Hello @Eva Neikirk

    I am sorry to hear about your sister I hope her condition improves. 

    I am glad there are people like you reaching out on BP and hopefully I can help you out a bit. 

    Here are my two go to guys. 

    You will probably get around a 70-75% LTV 4-5% fixed 30 year am. with yea around $4k closing costs. sounds a little better that what you have been offered.

    Greg Iverson Branch Manager Delmar Mortgage NMLS# 30998

    Aaron Chapman Security National Mortgage, Inc.

    Being local in Memphis. On the note of local banks/credit unions they tend to shy away from lending to out of state investors (if you are one) and their rates and terms would sound like the ones you were quoted already. Your best bet would be with one of these national conventional lenders I have referred above that lend to turnkey buyers they know the investment real estate system etc. Feel free to reach out with any other questions you have. 

    Best of luck

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Sean Tagge!

    I appreciate your help and now understand better how to approach the loan process. Will reach out to these folks and let you know.

    Best,

    Eva Neikirk 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.