Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
Clayton Morris seeks over $7 Million from James Wise for Film

• Real Estate Broker
Posted Dec 6 2019, 10:02

Clayton Morris is seeking $7,176,000 in damages from me & HoltonWiseTV for releasing the documentary about the Real Estate scam allegations involving him, Morris Invest & recently indicted Bert Whalen.

User Stats

Votes
Amy Biernat
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Madison, MS
Votes |
  • Madison, MS
Replied Feb 15 2020, 07:45

We invested back in January 2017 after doing what we thought was a good amount of research. Knowing what I know now after being a REI for 2.5 years, I would've approached this so much differently (too much to get into here but it'll make a great story one day). What happened here isn't right and there many investors who have lost thousands of dollars if not hundreds of thousands but in our case there was a silver lining so let me explain. We were apart of CA lawsuit that has since dried up since the firm can't pursue this in IN. While that was unfortunate, we've learned some valuable lessons through this and have grown tremendously as investors. First off, we met some great folks online that steered us to a local investor in that market. We were able to seller finance our two properties and while we've not recouped our entire investment to date, we have a path to recoup it and then some. We actually went to Indy and visited our properties; one was just about completed only to later find our the city had cut the waterline to the house so yours truly had to come out of pocket a few thousand to reconnect it for our buyer. The other was in a not so good area and the only way to enter was through a blue tarp on the side of the property (we joke today and say there is deal for everything). This house was in terrible condition and today, we have a tenant buyer in there and it's beautiful. Not too mention, my investment partner there says that area is picking up and he's got one in that area. There are solid, local investors in the Indy market that will work with you if your willing to pursue it. We felt horrible and thought we'd lost six figures in cash but there is hope and I'd be willing to help anyone who needs it, please just reach out to us and we'll help anyway we can.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 15 2020, 07:49
Originally posted by @Amy Biernat:

We invested back in January 2017 after doing what we thought was a good amount of research. Knowing what I know now after being a REI for 2.5 years, I would've approached this so much differently (too much to get into here but it'll make a great story one day). What happened here isn't right and there many investors who have lost thousands of dollars if not hundreds of thousands but in our case there was a silver lining so let me explain. We were apart of CA lawsuit that has since dried up since the firm can't pursue this in IN. While that was unfortunate, we've learned some valuable lessons through this and have grown tremendously as investors. First off, we met some great folks online that steered us to a local investor in that market. We were able to seller finance our two properties and while we've not recouped our entire investment to date, we have a path to recoup it and then some. We actually went to Indy and visited our properties; one was just about completed only to later find our the city had cut the waterline to the house so yours truly had to come out of pocket a few thousand to reconnect it for our buyer. The other was in a not so good area and the only way to enter was through a blue tarp on the side of the property (we joke today and say there is deal for everything). This house was in terrible condition and today, we have a tenant buyer in there and it's beautiful. Not too mention, my investment partner there says that area is picking up and he's got one in that area. There are solid, local investors in the Indy market that will work with you if your willing to pursue it. We felt horrible and thought we'd lost six figures in cash but there is hope and I'd be willing to help anyone who needs it, please just reach out to us and we'll help anyway we can.

Can you share some details on your lawsuit in CA?

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Feb 15 2020, 07:54
Originally posted by @Amy Biernat:

the reality is you can buy the exact same assets and do the exact same model a 20 minute drive from Madison.. this model Is readily available in many parts of Jackson.. especially south Jackson.. why go out of state for this many investors are coming to Jackson to buy these lower end rentals.. Not to confuse Madison with Jackson of course.. I spent a year at Reunion working through our Jackson portfolio its a very nice community Madison.. 

User Stats

Votes
Amy Biernat
  • Madison, MS
Votes |
  • Madison, MS
Replied Feb 15 2020, 08:12

Yes sir, one of the lessons we learned is to start local...

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 2 2020, 10:48
Originally posted by @James Wise:

CASE UPDATE:

The amount of Clayton Morris information and Morris Invest internal documents you guys have been sending to me over the last 24 hours is great, keep it coming. Signed purchase agreements, damning emails from Clayton Morris etc... This is all very important for the case. Love seeing BP nation come together like this.

@Karl B. @Richard Bonisa @Bryan Devitt @Julie Dillon @Alan Dunlap @Lynnette E. @Roni E. @Jonathan Farber @Joel Fine @Frank Geiger @Kristopher Hanks @Account Closed 

UPDATE:

Clayton Morris Loses $7.2 Million Lawsuit against HoltonWiseTV

User Stats

Votes
Mary Jay
  • Glendale, AZ
Votes |
  • Glendale, AZ
Replied Mar 23 2020, 00:41

CASE UPDATE:

The amount of Clayton Morris information and Morris Invest internal documents you guys have been sending to me over the last 24 hours is great, keep it coming. Signed purchase agreements, damning emails from Clayton Morris etc... This is all very important for the case. Love seeing BP nation come together like this.

@Karl B. @Richard Bonisa @Bryan Devitt @Julie Dillon @Alan Dunlap @Lynnette E. @Roni E. @Jonathan Farber @Joel Fine @Frank Geiger @Kristopher Hanks @Account Closed 

UPDATE:

Congratulations! I am very happy the truth won!

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 23 2020, 06:36
Originally posted by @Mary Jay:

CASE UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Thanks. Currently in the process of suing Clayton Morris for all of my attorney fees. My plan is to garnish his YouTube income and/or place a lien on his vacation home in Pennsylvania. My hope is that others follow suit and do not back down to the courtroom bully tactics that cause so many regular Joe's to drop out of lawsuits with people like Clayton Morris.

User Stats

Votes
Mary Jay
  • Glendale, AZ
Votes |
  • Glendale, AZ
Replied Mar 23 2020, 23:57

CASE UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Thanks. Currently in the process of suing Clayton Morris for all of my attorney fees. My plan is to garnish his YouTube income and/or place a lien on his vacation home in Pennsylvania. My hope is that others follow suit and do not back down to the courtroom bully tactics that cause so many regular Joe's to drop out of lawsuits with people like Clayton Morris.

Yep! fighting in court is not for everybody. Only strong and brave people, like you, can handle stuff like that!

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 24 2020, 05:39

CASE UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Yep! fighting in court is not for everybody. Only strong and brave people, like you, can handle stuff like that!

Give me that money Clay'.

User Stats

Votes
Jim K.#2 Investor Mindset Contributor
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Mar 24 2020, 05:49

Ole Clay gonna pay off like a loose slot.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 28 2020, 11:13
Originally posted by @Jim K.:

Ole Clay gonna pay off like a loose slot.

I think I'm just gonna toss all of Clay's YouTube money in my swimming pool and send him the video.

Clayton Morris loses 7.2 Million lawsuit

User Stats

Votes
Victor S.
  • WorldWide
Votes |
  • WorldWide
Replied Mar 28 2020, 11:49

how about making a pool of people he ripped off and selecting one person to give this cash to? just an idea. cash pool sounds good too lol

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 29 2020, 05:53
Originally posted by @Victor S.:

how about making a pool of people he ripped off and selecting one person to give this cash to? just an idea. cash pool sounds good too lol

Last time I checked i'm the only guy who's gone $50,000+ in the hole working on this Morris thing.........If anyone out there is mistaking me for a charity they're barking up the wrong tree. I've done far more than my part to help those who've been screwed or could be screwed going forward. However, there is no reason you can't step up to the plate and fill that pool my guy. Just an idea.

User Stats

Votes
Victor S.
  • WorldWide
Votes |
  • WorldWide
Replied Mar 29 2020, 11:26

Last time I checked i'm the only guy who's gone $50,000+ in the hole working on this Morris thing.........If anyone out there is mistaking me for a charity they're barking up the wrong tree. I've done far more than my part to help those who've been screwed or could be screwed going forward. However, there is no reason you can't step up to the plate and fill that pool my guy. Just an idea.

it's internets, man. people say things. you're, obviously, free to do whatever you want with it (gotta collect it first). 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Apr 7 2020, 06:35

UPDATE:

Morris V Wise

Case No 1:19 CV 2467

Federal Judge Donald C. Nugent

Clayton Morris Attorneys; Louis W. Tompros and Christa J. Laser from WilmerHale

HoltonWiseTV Attorney; Stephanie J. Lane

MOTION FOR ATTORNEY FEES

PLAINTIFF’S OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANTS’ MOTION FOR FEES

Pages 1-13 of 13

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Apr 7 2020, 06:45

UPDATE:

Morris V Wise

Case No 1:19 CV 2467

Federal Judge Donald C. Nugent

Clayton Morris Attorneys; Louis W. Tompros and Christa J. Laser from WilmerHale

HoltonWiseTV Attorney; Stephanie J. Lane

MOTION FOR ATTORNEY FEES

REPLY MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR ATTORNEY FEES

Pages 1-8 of 8

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

User Stats

Votes
Mary Jay
  • Glendale, AZ
Votes |
  • Glendale, AZ
Replied Apr 20 2020, 23:59

exactly! You put up a fight and paid attorneys, you deserve that money to be refunded to YOU!

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Apr 21 2020, 20:14

exactly! You put up a fight and paid attorneys, you deserve that money to be refunded to YOU!

Yup. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed slapping Clayton Morris around but I would like my $30k back lol. You'd have to be delusional to think I'd just give some random person $30k.

User Stats

Votes
Mary Jay
  • Glendale, AZ
Votes |
  • Glendale, AZ
Replied Apr 21 2020, 23:47

Yup. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed slapping Clayton Morris around but I would like my $30k back lol. You'd have to be delusional to think I'd just give some random person $30k.

Exactly! On what planet do random people get money for nothing when you are the one who had to go through stress/attorney fees, etc...

Going through courts is not a piece of cake...You are the one who should be getting the money

User Stats

Votes
Brian Freeman
  • Corona, CA
Votes |
  • Corona, CA
Replied Sep 24 2020, 15:34

Please give us an update and please tell me you won the award of attorney fees. Not that you'd be able to collect from a defendant fraudster in Portugal...

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Oct 3 2020, 10:23
Originally posted by @Brian Freeman:

Please give us an update and please tell me you won the award of attorney fees. Not that you'd be able to collect from a defendant fraudster in Portugal...

We ultimately chose not to pursue the attorney fees any further. We had some options after our initial filing but they were not cheap nor were they going to be easy so we moved on given that Clayton Morris fled the United States for Portugal.

User Stats

Votes
Karl B.
  • Erie, PA
Votes |
  • Erie, PA
Replied Oct 7 2020, 07:30

We ultimately chose not to pursue the attorney fees any further. We had some options after our initial filing but they were not cheap nor were they going to be easy so we moved on given that Clayton Morris fled the United States for Portugal.

You may be out the lawyer fees but that doesn't mean you have to cease making Morris Memes. Never stop those! :-)

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Oct 7 2020, 09:59
Originally posted by @Karl B.:

You may be out the lawyer fees but that doesn't mean you have to cease making Morris Memes. Never stop those! :-)

Clayton Morris James Wise Meme

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Oct 7 2020, 10:02
Originally posted by @Karl B.:

Clayton Morris James Wise Meme

Trick or Treat 

Clayton Morris Halloween costume

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jan 15 2021, 17:33

This doood is such a low rent clown. Lol you can't make this stuff up.