• Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
Clayton Morris seeks over $7 Million from James Wise for Film

James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
Posted Dec 6 2019, 10:02

Clayton Morris is seeking $7,176,000 in damages from me & HoltonWiseTV for releasing the documentary about the Real Estate scam allegations involving him, Morris Invest & recently indicted Bert Whalen.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 13 2019, 11:13
Originally posted by @Account Closed

This is the problem with his civil suit. He can take the 5th, but it can be used against him. Let's say you ask him if he transacted real estate without a license. He takes the 5th and your attorney can just argue that the answer was yes, otherwise he would not take the 5th. He is also creating a court record of statements that could be used in future criminal proceedings. 

Even innocent people can get wrapped up in perjury charges. That is why a good attorney will tell their client to stop talking. 

Ohhh no, I can see the blog now....."Our latest Soul Challenge is due to the liberal Court System wrapping us into perjury."

“It’s not a lie if you believe it.” - George Constanza

"It's a total disaster. The total business collapses , doesn't work and it takes a major hit to your reputation and you get punched in the face as a result of it. You're a laughing stock of losers on the internet, you know these keyboard cowboys who've never done anything in their life but they hang out on the internet all day. These types of losers now look down on you, they're making fun of you and your reputation takes a hit as a result of it. Guess what, it doesn't matter." - Clayton Morris

Where did you get that quote? As far as I can tell, it does matter. Look at the lawsuit he's filed against you. Lost partnership deals, lost revenue from this and from that. He's crying about lost opportunities and lost potential for making money and at the same time he's saying it doesn't matter? This guy talks out both sides of his mouth...

It's in this video he put out on YouTube

There are only two types of failure

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 07:28
Originally posted by @James Wise:
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
Originally posted by @Jerry W.:

@Jay Hinrichs, @James Wise, you can take the 5th during a deposition, but is my understanding that you can argue to the judge or jury that it can then be used as evidence against them.  In a criminal case it is absolutely prohibited to comment on the right to remain silent, you can be sanctioned for it, but in a civil case you can beat that thing like a base drum.

This is the problem with his civil suit. He can take the 5th, but it can be used against him. Let's say you ask him if he transacted real estate without a license. He takes the 5th and your attorney can just argue that the answer was yes, otherwise he would not take the 5th. He is also creating a court record of statements that could be used in future criminal proceedings. 

Even innocent people can get wrapped up in perjury charges. That is why a good attorney will tell their client to stop talking. 

Ohhh no, I can see the blog now....."Our latest Soul Challenge is due to the liberal Court System wrapping us into perjury."

"It's a total disaster. The total business collapses , doesn't work and it takes a major hit to your reputation and you get punched in the face as a result of it. You're a laughing stock of losers on the internet, you know these keyboard cowboys who've never done anything in their life but they hang out on the internet all day. These types of losers now look down on you, they're making fun of you and your reputation takes a hit as a result of it. Guess what, it doesn't matter." - Clayton Morris

Where did you get that quote? As far as I can tell, it does matter. Look at the lawsuit he's filed against you. Lost partnership deals, lost revenue from this and from that. He's crying about lost opportunities and lost potential for making money and at the same time he's saying it doesn't matter? This guy talks out both sides of his mouth...

CASE UPDATE:

I can't say much about the current standing of the case but what I can tell you guys is that after our most recent meeting with the Judge and Clayton Morris's legal team I can tell you guys that the Discovery Process is going to be rather interesting in this one. Ohhhh man it is gonna be some fun. 

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 10:26

@Jay Hinrichs, @James Wise, you can take the 5th during a deposition, but is my understanding that you can argue to the judge or jury that it can then be used as evidence against them.  In a criminal case it is absolutely prohibited to comment on the right to remain silent, you can be sanctioned for it, but in a civil case you can beat that thing like a base drum.

CASE UPDATE:

I can't say much about the current standing of the case but what I can tell you guys is that after our most recent meeting with the Judge and Clayton Morris's legal team I can tell you guys that the Discovery Process is going to be rather interesting in this one. Ohhhh man it is gonna be some fun. 

CASE UPDATE:

Actual footage of Clayton Morris opening up Pandora's Box. ; )

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 10:27

CASE UPDATE:

CASE UPDATE:

Actual footage of Clayton Morris opening up Pandora's Box. ; )

Where are my photo shop studs? Somebody throw Clayton's face on this and make it a MEME lol. Best MEMEs will be featured in the film I make about his $7.2 Million lawsuit against me.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Suarez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Levittown, New York (NY)
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Levittown, New York (NY)
Replied Dec 16 2019, 10:46

@James Wise

I can make it no problem, but I don't want to get sued. 🤣

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 10:49
Originally posted by @Joseph Suarez:

@James Wise

Nothing puts hair on your chest like a lawsuit with Clayton Morris.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 10:59
Originally posted by @Joseph Suarez:

@James Wise

Nothing puts hair on your chest like a lawsuit with Clayton Morris.

If a hairy chest is not what you're looking for can I at least get a Game of Thrones style "The Keyboard Cowboys are coming" MEME?

User Stats

Votes
Dennis M.#5 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Erie, pa
Votes |
Dennis M.#5 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Erie, pa
Replied Dec 16 2019, 11:21

Can you imagine how many dilapidated slum houses he can buy in Indiana if he wins that 7 million ? You could practically buy all of Indianapolis with that much !  

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 12:48
Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

Can you imagine how many dilapidated slum houses he can buy in Indiana if he wins that 7 million ? You could practically buy all of Indianapolis with that much !  

I don't see any scenario where Clayton Morris gets $7 Million from me. Even if the unthinkable where to happen and I lost this case I heard one way to avoid paying your debts is to move to Portugal.

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Dec 16 2019, 12:50

I don't see any realistic scenario where Clayton Morris gets $7 Million from me.

But what about all the emotional distress you've caused him?!?!?

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 16 2019, 12:53

I don't see any realistic scenario where Clayton Morris gets $7 Million from me.

But what about all the emotional distress you've caused him?!?!?

Distress doesn't matter Chris. You Keyboard Cowboy you!

User Stats

Votes
Richard Bonisa
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis
Replied Dec 16 2019, 14:37

Who are these people threatening lawsuits to those talking about vetting vendors and uncovering scandal. Seriously, you get sued for telling the truth?  Indianapolis is a great investment town, but you gotta be careful.  Ridiculous!!!  

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Point. Click. Approved. Investor Focused Lender. Instant PreQual letters, Rapid Refinances, 13k+ 4.85 Star Reviews & $550 lender credit available now

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 17 2019, 05:53
Originally posted by @Richard Bonisa:

Who are these people threatening lawsuits to those talking about vetting vendors and uncovering scandal. Seriously, you get sued for telling the truth?  Indianapolis is a great investment town, but you gotta be careful.  Ridiculous!!!  

Rich nobody said the life of a Keyboard Cowboy would be an easy one. Yee-haw! 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 17 2019, 06:46

CASE UPDATE:

The amount of Clayton Morris information and Morris Invest internal documents you guys have been sending to me over the last 24 hours is great, keep it coming. Signed purchase agreements, damning emails from Clayton Morris etc... This is all very important for the case. Love seeing BP nation come together like this.

@Karl B. @Richard Bonisa @Bryan Devitt @Julie Dillon @Alan Dunlap @Lynnette E. @Roni E. @Jonathan Farber @Joel Fine @Frank Geiger @Kristopher Hanks @Account Closed 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 17 2019, 06:58

CASE UPDATE:

All of the above mentioned documents are so important because not only can it be used during the lawsuit between Clayton Morris and HoltonWiseTV it could potentially be used in some of the 16 other civil cases Clayton Morris is involved in or potential criminal cases against Clayton Morris and Bert Whalen. 

Looks like Clayton Morris knows this and he is trying to use his civil litigation against HoltonWiseTV to get us to destroy documents that could be potential evidence against him.......Oh man, that doesn't look good for ole' Clay.

_

_

User Stats

Votes
Kristopher Hanks
Pro Member
  • Davenport, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Davenport, FL
Replied Dec 18 2019, 05:17

@James Wise

CASE UPDATE:

"The amount of Clayton Morris information and Morris Invest internal documents you guys have been sending to me over the last 24 hours is great, keep it coming. Signed purchase agreements, damning emails from Clayton Morris etc... This is all very important for the case. Love seeing BP nation come together like this."

We can not sit idly by and allow the real estate investment industry to be completely destroyed by people that are this selfish. Imagine what the tenants of those houses think of real estate investors, especially landlords, now. You will never be able to convince them that there are good people out there that are just trying to provide them with a nice, clean, and safe place to live for an affordable price. This type of behavior creates more enemies of the real estate investor, and will eventually bring down more costly regulation onto the investors. It's in our best interests to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in our beloved corp! 

I had to invoke the power of Gunny Ermey in this instance. Carry on James! 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 19 2019, 06:56
Originally posted by @Kristopher Hanks:

@James Wise

CASE UPDATE:

"The amount of Clayton Morris information and Morris Invest internal documents you guys have been sending to me over the last 24 hours is great, keep it coming. Signed purchase agreements, damning emails from Clayton Morris etc... This is all very important for the case. Love seeing BP nation come together like this."

We can not sit idly by and allow the real estate investment industry to be completely destroyed by people that are this selfish. Imagine what the tenants of those houses think of real estate investors, especially landlords, now. You will never be able to convince them that there are good people out there that are just trying to provide them with a nice, clean, and safe place to live for an affordable price. This type of behavior creates more enemies of the real estate investor, and will eventually bring down more costly regulation onto the investors. It's in our best interests to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in our beloved corp! 

The amount of evidence sent to me over the last few days is incredible. Not only for me winning my case against Clayton Morris which was in my opinion never something I doubted would happen but it seems as though a lot of it could be used against him in a criminal proceeding. There are several smoking guns that clearly show him personally lying to investors.

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Dec 19 2019, 08:17
Originally posted by @Kristopher Hanks:

@James Wise

CASE UPDATE:

The amount of evidence sent to me over the last few days is incredible. Not only for me winning my case against Clayton Morris which was in my opinion never something I doubted would happen but it seems as though a lot of it could be used against him in a criminal proceeding. There are several smoking guns that clearly show him personally lying to investors.

Keep up the good fight!

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 23 2019, 07:31

CASE UPDATE:

The amount of Clayton Morris information and Morris Invest internal documents you guys have been sending to me over the last 24 hours is great, keep it coming. Signed purchase agreements, damning emails from Clayton Morris etc... This is all very important for the case. Love seeing BP nation come together like this.

@Karl B. @Richard Bonisa @Bryan Devitt @Julie Dillon @Alan Dunlap @Lynnette E. @Roni E. @Jonathan Farber @Joel Fine @Frank Geiger @Kristopher Hanks @Account Closed 

Clayton Morris and his legal team are pretty upset that his ridiculous demand of $7.2 Million from Holton-Wise was made public. Sorry Clay but I have said from the beginning that you can't just bully Holton-Wise into suppressing information from the public. Ya'll are barking up the wrong tree with this. We do not back down.

User Stats

Votes
Richard Bonisa
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis
Replied Dec 23 2019, 07:58

@James Wise Go for it!  You are a voice of reason.  Whenever people try to suppress a voice of reason who brings truth into the light and who tries to discuss best practices - well, you know there is a problem with that.  Why suppress someone speaking truth?  Doesn't make any sense at all!

We're all very proud of your work and your firm stance on the truth!  

User Stats

Votes
Sherif Lyons
  • Property Manager
  • seattle
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • seattle
Replied Dec 23 2019, 08:06

You aren't bound by any confidentiality if you are being sued so i find this highly amusing. And how does he define "illegally obtained"? If you found it on the internet or recieved it from former partners of his for this documentary, its legally fair game. I'd love to see him try this defense against a large news network.

User Stats

Votes
Jim K.#2 Investor Mindset Contributor
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Dec 23 2019, 20:10

@James Wise

Caught the New Evidence video. I think at this point he's just really, really hoping you run out of money battling the SLAPP crap before he does. If a jury sees these videos and listens to you in a suit in a courthouse, this is going to get very unhappy for the man very quickly. Good job.

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Dec 24 2019, 07:14
Originally posted by @Jim K.:

@James Wise

Caught the New Evidence video. I think at this point he's just really, really hoping you run out of money battling the SLAPP crap before he does. If a jury sees these videos and listens to you in a suit in a courthouse, this is going to get very unhappy for the man very quickly. Good job.

Thanks. After we finished it I tried wishing ole' boy Clay a Merry Christmas. He didn't say it back. In fact, he deleted my comment almost immediately. What a Grinch. (Insert Sad Face Here)

_

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jan 6 2020, 05:41

CASE UPDATE:

The IndyStar published an article about my lawsuit with Clayton Morris this morning.

_

Ex-Fox & Friends host Clayton Morris seeks $7 million from critic of Indy real estate deals

https://www.indystar.com/story...

User Stats

Votes
Richard Bonisa
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis
Replied Jan 6 2020, 06:08

Thanks for sharing @James Wise.  I think alot of people are very interested to see how this comes out for you.  Many of us are rooting for you on it.  Speaking up and uncovering truths is always the right thing to do.  I've actually reached out to Tim Evans and Tony Cook regarding some of the things I've seen in the Indianapolis market.  I'm told they will continue to be active in their reporting. 

We all enjoy your work!  Keep pushin' for goodness!