Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
Does anyone have experience with HUDHomesUSA.org?

Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
ModeratorPosted Mar 23 2018, 12:32

I found a great property on HUDHomesUSA.org. Did this replace Fannie Mae Homepath?  Does anyone have any experience with this site?

User Stats

Votes
Greg H.
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
ModeratorReplied Mar 23 2018, 12:58

@Mindy Jensen

They are just a mirror site that harvest properties from HUD/FNMA/FREDDIE and it appears Auction.com and others as well as I did a search and recognize many of the properties. Some have long since sold

User Stats

Votes
Jason Ray Richardson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brookhaven, MS
Votes |
  • Brookhaven, MS
Replied Mar 23 2018, 13:36

I think that @Greg H is correct. It's just a home path mirror sight that tries to charge you. I don't even think its very up to date I saw a few local properties that I know were already sold and off the market and they were saying they were still available. Where as auction.com and home path are free. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Alma Kenup
  • Richmond, VIRGINIA (VA)
Votes |
Replied Mar 24 2018, 03:38

Hi! I’m new at this and a bit confused. Is this the same as https://www.hudhomestore.com/Home/Index.aspx ? Because I was perusing this site yesterday and saw the same properties cross-listed on other sites.

User Stats

Votes
Greg H.
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
ModeratorReplied Mar 24 2018, 06:52

@Alma Kenup

No it is not.  Hudhomesusa.org is harvesting information from free sites such as Hudhomestore, Homepath and other and charging you for the information

A good rule of thumb is no site would make you pay to view the information for properties they are actually able to sell to you

User Stats

Votes
Alma Kenup
Votes |
Replied Mar 24 2018, 15:13

@Greg H. Aha! That makes sense. Thanks for that.

User Stats

Votes
Art Kester
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Mar 25 2018, 19:55

As a full time Realtor I use the HUD Homepath site with listings that my buyer's want to submit offer on. As a Realtor I'm registered with the Homepath site. My wife and I moved to Jacksonville, Fl to work in the real estate business and to acquire rental units.

User Stats

Votes
Guillermo Vladimir Robles
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, Ca
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, Ca
Replied Jun 18 2021, 18:54

I used  hudhomesusa.org unsuccessfully for a month but after the $1 promo offer expired it was going to cost $50.00 a month. But I was able to negotiate with them and they said they would give me a $5.00 deal. I’m thinking I should give them another chance because Zillow, Realtor.com and LoopNet haven’t produced any leads for a $50,000 house in Los Angeles, California. Please comment to let me know your thoughts!

User Stats

Votes
Lynnette E.
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Tennessee
Replied Jun 18 2021, 19:08
Originally posted by @Guillermo Vladimir Robles:

I used  hudhomesusa.org unsuccessfully for a month but after the $1 promo offer expired it was going to cost $50.00 a month. But I was able to negotiate with them and they said they would give me a $5.00 deal. I’m thinking I should give them another chance because Zillow, Realtor.com and LoopNet haven’t produced any leads for a $50,000 house in Los Angeles, California. Please comment to let me know your thoughts!

You would be lucky to find a $50k LOT in LA.  Don't pay to use a site to search for what does not exist!

User Stats

Votes
Stan Holmes
  • Elizabethtown, KY
Votes |
  • Elizabethtown, KY
Replied Jun 18 2021, 19:22

@Lynnette E. Great advice