How to approach someone about offering to buy there home

How to approach someone about offering to buy there home

Contractor · Haverhill, MA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 3 votes

I have researched several homes in my area that are in nice neighborhoods yet the houses I've found are still very outdated and the homeowners are a little older. I am looking for advice on how to approach this situation where I would be talking to these homeowners about potentially buying there homes. I do not want to offend them, rather I would like to try and build a relationship and find out what there motives are and see if I have a solution, whether it is to buy the home cash or some alternative.

What have you found that works with warming up to these homeowners without being too blunt about wanting to buy the home cash.

Thank you!

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 54 votes
    9y
    Hi Timothy Woodland Never tried this before but I would write a personalized letters and possibly include a gift. I believe doing so, they would be more receptive and yield a higher response rate especially older folks. People might say this is a waste of money but I believe if you put more work and money into this you'll get a good one or two positive response. This is especially true in yellow letters where most get toss out before looking at it. Hope this helps.
  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 66 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    Have an agent put together a fair market valuation for their house and offer them 10% more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.