Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Vivek Kumar
Votes |
investment properties in kyle, TX

Vivek Kumar
Posted

i was exploring and saw some of the neighborhoods in kyle, Tx has school ratings like 8 and brand new houses in the range of 300K with potential rents at $2200 per month so overall making them cash flow positive. 

however, i am not sure why Kyle is a popular place. it is mid way between austin and san antonio but that does not seem to be a strong enough reason. 

User Stats

Votes
Neil Narayan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied

I see a lot of investors flocking to Kyle right now due to the price points. I just bought one there myself. I think the biggest negative right now is the amount rentals in the area as the investor focus has moved to this area now. Kyle has a lot of development underway as their mayor is very progressive and has been pushing multiple initiatives to attract business and growth (including tesla) 

User Stats

Votes
Jason Sousa
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied
Quote from @Vivek Kumar:

i was exploring and saw some of the neighborhoods in kyle, Tx has school ratings like 8 and brand new houses in the range of 300K with potential rents at $2200 per month so overall making them cash flow positive. 

however, i am not sure why Kyle is a popular place. it is mid way between austin and san antonio but that does not seem to be a strong enough reason. 

Kyle is on FIRE! I live there and invest and in my opinion the cities investment, constant development and growth are showing dividends for investors. Our neighbor Buda is stagnant in my opinion. If you need a real estate guide I would be thrilled to help. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Rizzo
  • Texas
Votes |

Austin Business Journal and others have been predicting that the San Antonio --> Austin corridor will become the next biggest metroplex over the next decade. Room to build, highway connections, influx of opportunity. There's a lot of indicators that are pointing this direction. Kyle sits right in that pathway. 

User Stats

Votes
Gregory Schwartz
Agent
  • Rental Property Investor
  • College Station, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • College Station, TX
Replied

Shameless plug:

You can hit those numbers all day here in Bryan / College Station TX. Better schools and the economy is backed by the 2nd largest university in the nation along with a growing tech and manufacturing sector. 

User Stats

Votes
Blake Anthony Carter
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied

Kyle is set for big time growth!

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Gordy
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Replied

Kyle has grown from 5k to 63k in a 20 year period of time. That is a large amount of growth. Here is an article in the austin business journal talking about the redevelopment/development of the downtown area of Kyle. It sure does seem that the corridor between San Antonio and Austin will be eventually developed. https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2024/07/29/austin-su...

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Kyle is growing super fast but SFRs seem to sit vacant for months. Rents have flattened and even decreased. Just my observation. I just bought an SFR home in New Braunfels and it's been slow go there as well.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Bui
  • Midwest
Votes |
  • Midwest
Replied

Are you sure it would be cash flow positive? Its not even close to the 1% rule. Also got to think about maintenance which most investors set aside 15-20% of the rent just in case.

User Stats

Votes
Vivek Kumar
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Joseph Bui:

Are you sure it would be cash flow positive? Its not even close to the 1% rule. Also got to think about maintenance which most investors set aside 15-20% of the rent just in case.

Well will break even based on numbers I got