Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Eve Favorse
Pro Member
Votes |
Dodged a Cash Offer Nightmare

Eve Favorse
Pro Member
Posted

Hi BP Family, This week, I made a cash offer on an SFH and gave a 48 hour expiration notice. Was then informed that the seller did not want to return my $2500 EMD if an inspection revealed negative findings. I found an inspector to do a walk thru before my offer was accepted. That was the best $185 I've ever spent! The inspector pointed out structural issues, potential plumbing issues (hard to confirm since the water was not on but scary enough) since the house was built in the early 1900's. Some savvy flipper reconfigured the upstairs to add a bedroom but in the process, closed off most of the attic, leaving only a crawl space that did not even allow access to the entire attic! There were temporary support beams in the basement along with enough moisture to actually grow mushrooms in the basement crevices! Needless to say, I retracted my offer before my expiration period lapsed! The seller checked unknown for all disclosures citing they never lived in the house. hard to believe that they would not have gotten an inspection that would have revealed some if not all of these findings. I ended up making an offer on a multifamily today -finance deal so fingers crossed that my offer is accepted and the full inspection goes smoothly.

Loading replies...