I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
-Jake
Hey mate,
These guys are the best IMO and have all stood the test of time:
I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
-Jake
I would have someone set you up with a personalized MLS search for whatever city you are looking in
I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
-Jake
Hey mate,
These guys are the best IMO and have all stood the test of time:
I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
-Jake
Hey mate,
These guys are the best IMO and have all stood the test of time:
REI Nation JWB Spartan Invest
There are others but don't know much about them.
I have stalked the above 3 for many moons 👍
Much success
Engelo,
appreciate the mention and you stated three very good companies. You overlooked your own company in Ohio!
Jake,
this list of 4 companies are a great starting point. You should schedule a call with all 4 and learn what they specialize in, the markets and how they operate. I am confident that one or two will stand out in meeting your particular needs or will feel very comfortable to you. From there, continue your conversations and don’t let procrastination slow you down. Don’t be in a hurry either! Let the conversations you have build your confidence and when you are ready, begin building your portfolio. I need to rush, but definitely take the steps to learn for yourself what matters most to you and who makes you feel the most comfortable.
I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
-Jake
Hey mate,
These guys are the best IMO and have all stood the test of time:
REI Nation JWB Spartan Invest
There are others but don't know much about them.
I have stalked the above 3 for many moons 👍
Much success
Engelo,
appreciate the mention and you stated three very good companies. You overlooked your own company in Ohio!
Jake,
this list of 4 companies are a great starting point. You should schedule a call with all 4 and learn what they specialize in, the markets and how they operate. I am confident that one or two will stand out in meeting your particular needs or will feel very comfortable to you. From there, continue your conversations and don’t let procrastination slow you down. Don’t be in a hurry either! Let the conversations you have build your confidence and when you are ready, begin building your portfolio. I need to rush, but definitely take the steps to learn for yourself what matters most to you and who makes you feel the most comfortable.
Best of luck as you get started.
Chris
Chris,
Thank you for the advice. This will be my first rental property, so I appreciate the kind words!
I am looking to buy my first turnkey property, likely somewhere in the midwest. Instead of looking on Zillow, Redfin, ect.... Are there any turnkey companies/platforms that anyone has found useful to buy a single family rental property?
-Jake
Hey mate,
These guys are the best IMO and have all stood the test of time:
@Jake Benny, like @Chris Clothier said, these names are a good starting point. Do some digging yourself and have conversations with several companies to see which one’s the best fit for you. Some pointers:
Fee structures vary. Turnkey providers typically charge a percentage of gross rents plus a markup on maintenance calls. Be sure to ask about this.
Most turnkey providers specialize in one or more geographic areas and property/neighborhood types. Make sure their speciality aligns with what you’re after.
Ask about their track record. Good turnkey providers should be able to minimize vacancy periods and reduce turnover costs. Ask for data on these items.
Turnkey providers sell you a property out of their inventory—inquire about the guarantees or warranties that are offered. In what ways is the turnkey provider (in its capacity as a renovator or builder) accountable to you? Is this in conflict with the turnkey provider’s role as a property manager?
Ask about what’s included—and what’s not. For example, will your turnkey provider help you get your rental approved for Section 8? Are evictions covered? How much does each service cost?
I've had many clients come to me with horror stories from working with turnkey provider services. While these companies can offer convenience, it's crucial to vet them thoroughly to avoid any unpleasant surprises like excessive fees. Try connecting with an investor-friendly realtor who can find you rent-ready deals (on and off-market) and provide accurate market rents for the deals you're looking at. Best of luck with your first property!