Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Owens
  • Mooresville, NC
Votes |
Mortgage Broker in Upstate NY

Nicholas Owens
  • Mooresville, NC
Posted

I could use recommendations for a mortgage broker in Oneida County area if anyone has one. 

User Stats

Votes
Devin Peterson
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Nicholas Owens:

I could use recommendations for a mortgage broker in Oneida County area if anyone has one. 

Hey Nicholas, what type of loan product are you requesting in this case? Some of the best investment loan brokers are not always necessarily located in the region you are looking to get a deal done. Take a look at the lender tab at the top of the page. I hope this helps. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Chiofalo
Lender
  • Banker
  • Melville, NY
Votes |
Lender
  • Banker
  • Melville, NY
Replied

Hi Nicholas, 

Is this for a residential or commercial transaction? 

Nationwide Mortgage Bankers is based in New York and lends nationally. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Peter W.
Votes |

I use Lyons national bank. You might be on the wrong side of your territory as they work the eastern Rochester suburbs to the western Syracuse suburbs. The nice thing about them is there seasoning requirements are low and they hold all there own mortgages.

User Stats

Votes
Mathew Rebera
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo/Rochester NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo/Rochester NY
Replied

If you're in the Buffalo area, I would recommend Cross-State. They have worked with the top team in HUNT real estate for the last 5 years. Very reliable and flexible rates are often more competitive then brokerage lenders or banks. Happy to extend the contact. 

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Smith
  • Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Replied

@Nicholas Owens try AmeriCU credit union outside of Syracuse.

Also worth reaching out to Mike Anderson here in Buffalo. I just tried to post his email but I’m being blocked from doing so, but you can send me a DM and I’ll forward it along. He’s done several commercial loans for me and has some wonderful local and nationwide connections.

Contrary to other advice given on this thread, I am a big proponent of using local lenders. They understand the areas the best, and appraisals usually are more accurate. I’m also a big fan of being able to sit down across the table from somebody, but I’m just an old soul at heart.