FSBO CLOSE ADVICE - I have a buyer just need the process handled.

FSBO CLOSE ADVICE - I have a buyer just need the process handled.

Member since 2021 · 56 posts · 36 votes

Hi I am selling a house an already have a buyer.  I just need a closing service.  I am in Ca.  Does something like this exist?  Basically all the deal closing and legal that an agent would typically do with out the high commission since the majority of the work is done.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

1Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2021 · 577 posts · 631 votes
3y

Contact a Title company. Just google "Title company near me", find one with good reviews, and contact them. As a real estate agent, I would tell you to just be ready for them to give you a list of things they need that may seem excessive to you. They will probably need data with information such as who is paying the different closing costs. Unless you are just going to pay for all of them, I would expect this to be a little burdensome as there are at least 20 different closing costs that can all be calculated and paid in different ways by different "sides" of the transaction. 

Just to give an example of one of the more complicated ones to expect: Property taxes, are you going to have the seller or buyer pay them for the day of closing, are you going to use a banking day calculator or a 365 day calculator, will you use last years assessment value or some other metric to determine them, etc. 

While a Title company has the capacity to advise you on how to handle these things, they are all necessary asks to close the transaction, because they will account down to the penny on these. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2021 · 577 posts · 631 votes
    3y

    Contact a Title company. Just google "Title company near me", find one with good reviews, and contact them. As a real estate agent, I would tell you to just be ready for them to give you a list of things they need that may seem excessive to you. They will probably need data with information such as who is paying the different closing costs. Unless you are just going to pay for all of them, I would expect this to be a little burdensome as there are at least 20 different closing costs that can all be calculated and paid in different ways by different "sides" of the transaction. 

    Just to give an example of one of the more complicated ones to expect: Property taxes, are you going to have the seller or buyer pay them for the day of closing, are you going to use a banking day calculator or a 365 day calculator, will you use last years assessment value or some other metric to determine them, etc. 

    While a Title company has the capacity to advise you on how to handle these things, they are all necessary asks to close the transaction, because they will account down to the penny on these. 

  • Real Estate Broker · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 725 posts · 129 votes
    3y

    You can find an escrow company and they can often assist. 

    If you need slightly more help with the paperwork, disclosures, timelines, just google "Transaction Coordinator FSBO" and you'll find one (usually around $450). If you need a recommendation, just DM me.

  • Member since 2021 · 56 posts · 36 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jonathan Minerick:

    You can find an escrow company and they can often assist. 

    If you need slightly more help with the paperwork, disclosures, timelines, just google "Transaction Coordinator FSBO" and you'll find one (usually around $450). If you need a recommendation, just DM me.


     $450!  Wow.  That is amazing compared to the 1.5% I have seen.  I will look into it.  Thanks.

  • Bob PaxsonPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Philadelphia · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    3y

    We usually just get a hold of a title company and they will set up the closing and let you know all the information you Need before the closing ….. that’s how we do it in  Philadelphia

  • Member since 2021 · 56 posts · 36 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bob Paxson:

    We usually just get a hold of a title company and they will set up the closing and let you know all the information you Need before the closing ….. that’s how we do it in  Philadelphia


     I think I want a little more there than just the escrow company but I should probably call a couple to be sure.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    You would do this at a title company 

  • Rob LawrenceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · West Chester, PA · Member since 2017 · 266 posts · 94 votes
    3y

    My team might be able to help you!  Just shoot me a message if interested.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.