Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mobile Home Park Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Edwin Bailey
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
Parks that allow rentals in Western NC

Edwin Bailey
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Posted

Hey guys,

I am relatively new to investing (1 townhouse, 1 Duplex) and looking to get into mobile homes to get more bang for my buck in terms of cash flow. I recently read Deals on Wheels and am curious about the current SAFE act restrictions in place in NC. I will be moving to Asheville at the end of the year and need some advice on how to proceed.  Are we still able to owner finance as investors or is buying and renting in an investor friendly park our only option these days? Thanks in advance for any advice!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Martin
  • Investor
  • Willow Spring, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Willow Spring, NC
Replied

Mobile homes are covered by the NC SAFE Act (link below).

The section to read in the statute (via following link) is 53-244.040 (d) 8. That is the exemption that I believe will pertain to you.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_53/Article_19B.html

Information only. Not legal advice. Consult with licensed professionals for your particular circumstances.