Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2013 · 251 posts · 30 votes
Starting a flip and am trying to figure out what my permit costs will be. I figure first I will need to know what exactly I would need a permit for. I will be taking a trip down to the permit office, but I thought I'd look for some feedback here in order to get the juices flowing.
I'm flipping a small house that needs EVERYTHING! It's completely gutted out (basically it's a shell) made out of cinderblock on slab.
So I will be looking to price out Architectual Plans for my permits, etc. But I'm wondering if I will need a permit to frame? Etc. Also looking for a reasonable Architect.
Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
Rashad S. Permits are very minimal, it is the expense before you could submit it that matters. In LA, a residential usually is less than 500 or 800 max. But i’ve seen plan bids that costs 15k.
Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
Aaron McGinnis Several thousand for gut out/reconfiguration? Or maybe just new construction where you play at, hehe. New const here are 20k+ though, at minimum, i’ve seen one at 87k ;)