Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Sharp
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DFW
Votes |
Career Advice Needed

Harrison Sharp
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DFW
Posted Dec 29 2020, 13:01

Been selling houses as a part time agent for the last 9 months and did $4.7m in sales this year. I've been at a Boutique brokerage one of my buddies from high school started up and it's been great, don't really have time to participate in the networking or training stuff cause of my full time job but my broker and office manager have been super responsive and are always available when I have a question/issue. The current split is 80/20, i don't pay any monthly fees, and i get 100% after my broker gets $12k in commission. 

One of my other buddies who is at REAL (similar to EXP just more start-up phase) and kills it is trying to get me to come under him and switch over.  With the massive draw there being able to recruit other agents and get stock.  Splits are similar and no monthly fees that I'm aware of. 

I'm also getting recruited by a flipper to come work under his brokerage to start listing his flips for 1k a flip.  He has a marketing and admin in place that I would be able to utilize and just wants someone to handle the negotiating.  He did 30 flips this year and plans on doing 50 in 2021. $50k isn't a ton but the draw here is there are no commission splits I get 100% of everything I just have to pay a $150 flat monthly fee or $1,800 per year.  Another draw is the flipper has a ton of leads and I would be getting those leads and well and would get to learn how to flip which is something I don't have down to a science yet. 

Any more experienced agents have any advice on what they would do in this situation? Appreciate the Feedback. 

Loading replies...