Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Koons
Votes |
19 y/o agent in NC & FL

Dylan Koons
Posted Apr 26 2024, 17:30

I just got licensed in Florida and will be licensed in NC within the next couple of weeks. I'm a freshman at FSU, and will be working with a Keller Williams group this summer while I'm home in Raleigh, NC. As a brand new agent, what would you recommend I focus on, especially when it comes to lead gen. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Adam Bartomeo
Property Manager
Pro Member
#4 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
#4 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Replied Apr 27 2024, 06:11

Congratulations! Working with KW you will likely get a lot of high-level education. To get the boots on the ground/shoulder to shoulder education they will want to put you on a team. Those teams normally don't do a great job. People buy or with agents that they trust and/or like. Your best bet is to reach out to friends and family and ask them for help, they want to see you succeed so they will help you with lead gen. 

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Apr 27 2024, 06:15
Quote from @Dylan Koons:

I just got licensed in Florida and will be licensed in NC within the next couple of weeks. I'm a freshman at FSU, and will be working with a Keller Williams group this summer while I'm home in Raleigh, NC. As a brand new agent, what would you recommend I focus on, especially when it comes to lead gen. Thanks

What would you say your unique skill set is?  I firmly believe that things are definitely changing in terms of a technological and media landscape - if you are able to be consistent and quality in terms of short form video social media digital marketing - I think this is the best path forward to really carve out some success

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Apr 27 2024, 07:44

Congrats on getting an early start, you will do well!

My advice is always the same.....go where others won't, do what others don't.

What are Realtors in your area not doing? What type of properties don't they like to show...? Maybe distressed properties because they're dirty and smelly and full of rats? There you go, there's your niche......

The one thing I've noticed about (most) Realtors over my long relationship with them is this - they do not (generally) pay great attention to their clients, except when they are brand new. And they do not listen to what their clients are saying ...the Realtor thinks they always knows best (even when they have no clue)

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 29 2024, 09:13

Hey Dylan - As someone who bounces between St Pete and Charlotte I'd love to connect with you and hear more about what you will be focusing on as you start out. 

User Stats

Votes
Avery Heilbron
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC
Replied Apr 30 2024, 07:19

Prospect for 3-5 hours a day. Cold call, Door knock, contact people you know, make videos about the area and then message your followers