Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Corey McNabb
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Votes |
Need help with Criteria

Corey McNabb
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Posted

So I am in the process of coming up with my Business Plan, but I am getting stuck on figuring out my criteria, I know its likely to change once I have a little experience. I am wanting to use the BRRRR strategy and currently the area type I am looking into is metro Atlanta to mountain rural areas? (Im unsure of what else to call it... Basically little towns in the mountains.)

What I am asking is for anyone who is willing to please share their criteria that a deal must pass before they move on it.

Thank you!

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Replied

@Corey McNabb hi Corey, in my business plan I have a section on property analysis which may give you some ideas. Best of luck!

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/JustinS374

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hey corey, I see that you have broken down a location. Can I ask how you arrived at the city of Atlanta? And like I mentioned to someone previously, I think the BRRRR strategy is great however you seem to be starting at the middle a little bit. What is YOUR goal? Cash flow? Appreciation? Both? What are your capital limitations? Maybe by working backward from the goal you can develop the criteria. Because the criteria for a cash flowing property vs one strictly for appreciation or one that may achieve both will bring you to different neighborhoods and towns in your market. Then you can start to dive into the real estate and use some of the tools here like the BRRRR calculator and/or rental calculator on bigger pockets. And start to dial in what criteria matters to you.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Corey McNabb
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Replied

@Justin Schreibeis

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Having never seen a business plan before, the link you shared gave me a clearer picture overall for my business plan.

User Stats

Votes
Corey McNabb
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Replied

@Justin Blackwell

As far as goals, I want to get to having $5000 coming in each month in passive income and at least obtaining 3 properties a year.

I’m focused on Cash flow to be honest and I don’t really know my capital limitations. My wife and I are kinda just diving in to this. We do know that we will have to use OPM to obtain our first deal, maybe our second as well but then we hope to be able to use our own money after.

User Stats

Votes
Corey McNabb
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Replied

@Justin Blackwell

And I chose metro-Atlanta because it’s within an hour or two driving distance from where I live.

User Stats

Votes
Demarcus Crump
  • Financial Advisor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied

Heyyyy @Corey McNabb are you looking to rent or flip in ATL I'd definitely love to enlighten you on the areas. 

User Stats

Votes
Corey McNabb
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, GA
Replied

I'm looking to rent using the BRRRR method.