Stock Market VS. Turn Key RE Kris Krohn

Stock Market VS. Turn Key RE Kris Krohn

Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 14 votes

Group,

I dont know about doing RE or not. I know BP is all about RE (which is awesome), but look at what the stock market did today (2/24/20) for example. I went into my PM brokerage account (using my smart phone) and placed a simple trade at noon today. Then about two hours later was up about $34.2K. Amount at risk would be $300K and the max profit on the trade is around $75K or 25% which would be realized by this Friday. (5 days total). And all I'm doing is sitting here watching my cell phone screen. I can exit the trade at any time the market is open to take the open profit or wait to see what happens leading up to friday.

I can take the profits from here and repeat this trade again and again. Just like KK teaches, right!? He says take your profits within 3 to 7 years by selling the properties, then just reinvest by buying more. Same theory here except I can do this on a weekly basis. But I would NOT be giving up 50% of the profits, no acquisition fees, and no $10K to $25K to join a partnership program.

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    You have no way to control the fluctuations of the market. The market does not produce cash flow, it does not have extremely cheap leverage, and it does not have enormous tax advantages. This one is one great day, but overall, the statistics on trading are very dismal. Real estate has a far, far better track record for creating millionaires and financially independent people than swing trading.

    I made a really nice trade when TSLA was running up, with a tidy profit. I'm sure many others did too. If I could do that every day, that would be great! Unfortunately, history just does not support that strategy. Traders do not outperform the market in the long run, the statistics do not lie.

    However, people are always going to need a place to live. Money is cheap, and as real estate investors we get the benefit of that.

  • Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 14 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Taylor L.:

    You have no way to control the fluctuations of the market. The market does not produce cash flow, it does not have extremely cheap leverage, and it does not have enormous tax advantages. This one is one great day, but overall, the statistics on trading are very dismal. Real estate has a far, far better track record for creating millionaires and financially independent people than swing trading.

    I made a really nice trade when TSLA was running up, with a tidy profit. I'm sure many others did too. If I could do that every day, that would be great! Unfortunately, history just does not support that strategy. Traders do not outperform the market in the long run, the statistics do not lie.

    However, people are always going to need a place to live. Money is cheap, and as real estate investors we get the benefit of that.

     Thanks Taylor for the response!

    On demand Cash flow is always available in the market by selling options. Other than that point, I agree with everything else you stated.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.