Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Aramazt Tanashian
  • Toronto
Votes |
Advice on building my real estate dream team!

Aramazt Tanashian
  • Toronto
Posted

Hi there, my name is Aram, I'm a financial advisor and a newbie real estate investor! I'm currently moving my investing activity to a different area and working on building my power team in that area. 

I've come across this real estate "consulting" company. Initially I had thought that this company only does property management, but as it turns out they help the investor from A to Z, when it comes to finding appropriate agents, lenders, contractors, handymen, managing rehabs, management, providing advice on the best investment strategy, etc. 

I've interviewed the owner of the company and he is a real estate investor himself and clearly knows what he's doing. 

From an initial impression, this makes the process of long-term investing much more convenient, and the only fee (apart from regular agent/lender commissions) is the property management fee!

My struggle is the prospect of potentially giving up control, having the choices of team memebrs made by this company for example.

Obviously, at the point where I see the potential members of the team to not be suitable anymore, I can definitely look for others, but i'm still finding it to be uncomfortable.

What do you guys think of potentially partnering with this type of company, and what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks!

Aram

Loading replies...