User Stats

Votes
Joseph Nguyen
Votes |
Should I cancel Court Date

Joseph Nguyen
Posted Jul 7 2024, 18:05

Hello All!

I'm trying to figure out how to go about a situation and would appreciate any input!

A little background: I am new LL/a travel medical worker investing out of state. Currently house hacking (rent by the room) in my primary home (1st property) in Texas while working out of state. I just recently evicted a tenant for nonpayment./illegal activities on premises. Went through the process (Notice to vacate, filing, etc). The tenant has left as of 6/13/24 and I've turned over the room for the next person. However, he still has some items (TV, bags) in the garage. I've been calling/texting him since 6/24/24 to get the remaining items out (he said he would get them by end of month, but hasn't yet and is ignoring me now). 

The court date is set for 7/16/24 at 10am (a work day) and according to the JP, I can cancel up to 2 days prior to court date. My question is: Do I keep the court date and try to get someone to represent me or should I just go ahead and cancel anyways since he has technically left? Dod I need to attend the court date to remove his items or is there a specific time period (with or without court attendance) to where I can remove?

Thank in advance for any and all advice! 

Loading replies...