Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Out of State Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Edna Ndangam
Votes |
Canadian interested in USA RE investing

Edna Ndangam
Posted

Hello investors, 

I am Canadian and our housing market here in Ontario is so unaffordable the numbers mostly don't make sense as rentals. Therefore I'm now looking to start investing in RE in the U.S - prefer neighboring states like New York (Buffalo?) Or Michigan  (Detroit?).

I've done some research, listened to hundreds podcasts and watched hundreds youtube videos.im trying to evaluate which is a good market (location) to invest.

I'm interested in fix and flips or BRRRs. 

if you're not interested in partnership but are familiar with these cities, then you have valuable information to guide me in selecting for example areas to avoid when purchasing investment property.  I look forward to hearing from you if that's the case.

Many thanks in advance. 

Loading replies...