Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Out of State Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Damion Brown
Votes |
Investing in Philly

Damion Brown
Posted

Looking for guidance on best neighborhoods/areas to consider in order to Buy, Renovate, and Rent in Philly. I am an out of state investor. Though it might be naive, I was thinking of a buy and renovate project that would cost between 150k and 200K.

Any recommendations and/or resources towards this goal would be greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
AJ Wong
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon & California Coasts
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon & California Coasts
Replied
Quote from @Damion Brown:

Looking for guidance on best neighborhoods/areas to consider in order to Buy, Renovate, and Rent in Philly. I am an out of state investor. Though it might be naive, I was thinking of a buy and renovate project that would cost between 150k and 200K.

Any recommendations and/or resources towards this goal would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Damion I have a long time friend that has been doing fix and flips in Philly for the last decade..he’s certainly done very well for himself. His brother is the GC and he finds and finds the projects. He works for himself but idea our go to fix a flip mortgage broker @Joseph Chiofalo..check in with him for financing options which might help with budget and strategy. Good luck! 

Fathom Realty  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Try these

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1480888688800401/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1411357972440957/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/397659200421691/

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Chiofalo
Lender
  • Banker
  • Melville, NY
Votes |
Lender
  • Banker
  • Melville, NY
Replied

Hi Damion, 

There are flexible financing solutions for investors on fix and flip purchase transactions. 

Are you targeting single family homes or multi-unit properties?

User Stats

Votes
Alan Asriants
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied

Hey Damion, I am an agent and investor in the Phila area and would be happy to connect with you about the local market. I am also a native and know the area very well. 

Your goals are going to determine where you should invest, and coming from out of state can make it difficult to pinpoint without understanding the area. 

Feel free to reach out anytime!

• Real Estate Agent New Jersey (#2323863) and Pennsylvania (#RS3399189)

• 267-767-0111
  • [email protected]
Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Sheryl Sitman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied

@Damion Brown You can definitely do a nice project in this budget and achieve $1600-$1900 rent. "Best" means different things to different people and Philly is filled with MANY neighborhoods to choose from. Your key is going to be working with the right team. I am not an agent but I do run a very large group of independent landlords so feel free to reach out to get connected to good sources. You may as well work with an agent than trying to figure it out on your own

User Stats

Votes
Damion Brown
Votes |
Replied

wow. Amazing feedback. I sincerely appreciate it because it gives me the motivation i need 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Powers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied

@Damion Brown There are plenty of options where your total cost would be between 150-200k in Philly and the surrounding suburbs. Would be more than happy to point you in the right direction I work exclusively with investors. I'll shoot you a PM!