Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Syndications & Passive Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Paula Impala
  • Investor
Votes |
Norada Capital Management suspending payments

Paula Impala
  • Investor
Posted Jun 20 2024, 19:12

I invested in Norada Capital Management and was coming here to connect with others who have invested. Did not receive my payment from Norada this month (June) and just received the following notification in my email.

Any thoughts or recommendations from fellow investors.  Thank you in advance for any advice or insight.

Dear Valued Investor,

I hope you are well. As a lender (aka “Maker”) to Norada, you are a valued member of the Norada family.
The purpose of this correspondence is to provide you with an update on the repayment under the terms of the promissory note (“Note”) as an obligation of Norada Capital Management, LLC (“Norada”).
As with all businesses, Norada is subject to market factors that could impact its ability to make payments. Due to current market conditions and unforeseen financial challenges, we have decided to temporarily suspend distribution payments. This decision was not made lightly and comes after thorough deliberation and analysis of our current financial position.
This requires us to exercise our right to convert your Note and issue equity (aka membership interests) in Norada. You will recall that your Note allows Norada to convert the outstanding balance owed into equity and that it can redeem that equity in the future by repayment of the Note principal in full. There is nothing required by you related to your Note being converted. It happens automatically upon notice being sent.
As such, this email will provide you notice that Norada has chosen to exercise its right under the Note §6 to issue equity to you in Norada. Your equity is valued at the unpaid face value of the Note plus any accrued but unpaid interest. We expect to be in a position to redeem your interests in short order, and we will keep you posted, as always, on any developments in this regard.

We understand the importance of distributions to our investors and recognize the impact this decision may have on your financial planning. Please be assured that this suspension is temporary. We are committed to resuming regular distributions as soon as our financial situation stabilizes and improves.

Our primary goal is to ensure the long-term stability and sustainability of our business. By temporarily halting distributions, we can preserve capital, manage our resources more effectively, and invest in key areas that will drive future growth and profitability.

In the interim, we are taking strategic steps to strengthen our financial health, including cost-reduction measures, revenue-generating initiatives, and debt restructuring options. Our management team is dedicated to navigating through these challenges and emerging stronger.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. We remain committed to transparency and will keep you informed of any significant developments. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to contact me directly. (I will do my best to reply to your email in a timely manner.)
Thank you for your continued trust and support.
Sincerely,

Marco SantarelliFounder & CEONorada Capital Management

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 11:52
Quote from @Michael P.:
Quote from @Carlos Ptriawan:
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Engelo Rumora:
Quote from @Paul Azad:
Quote from @Calvin Thomas:
Norada is one of the largest and successful turn key Brokers in the US.. so equity in the company is probably a very good thing while they shore up whatever it is they need to shore up.

I have a feeling that liquidation is just around the corner.  There are going to more and more of these coming down the pike as interest rates continue to stay high. Life is on easy street when rates are 2% or I.O.  Now, it's time to pay the piper.  Curious, are the executives suspending their salaries too?

These syndications are a scam. I've been saying this for years.

Norada Capital is not strictly a syndication, but rather was selling high yield non-collateralized promissory notes, guaranteed only by their private company for which they give no financial description of what the company does or how it makes money on their website (Marco does describe the business some in an article below). Other than listing a slew of defunct, bankrupt, former American corporations whose trademarks are now collectively owned by a single E commerce company, which itself I think filed for bankruptcy or a re-organization per wall street journal last year, sorry -Firewall

Retail Ecommerce Ventures, Buyer of Moribund Brands, Hires Advisers for Its Own Struggles

The retail venture behind RadioShack, Pier 1 Imports and other online brands has hired restructuring lawyers, according to people familiar with the matter

By Soma Biswas and Andrew ScurriaUpdated March 2, 2023 10:10 pm ET|WSJ PRO

another article from Silver law group, 

Retail Ecommerce Ventures (REV)

"The business model of Retail Ecommerce Ventures (REV) is to buy the rights to a bankrupt brick and mortar retail business’s intellectual property and relaunch the brands as online-only ecommerce brands. According to their website, the company’s holdings include RadioShack, Pier 1, Stein Mart, Linens-N-Things, and Modell’s Sporting Goods.

To raise capital, Retail Ecommerce Ventures turned to retail investors across the country. REV Co-founders Alex Mehr, a founder of the dating app Zoosk, and Tai Lopez, a self-help author, advertised heavily on YouTube and made media appearances, including on CNBC.

According to investors Silver Law Group has spoken to, REV claimed investors could earn up to 25% annual return by investing in the company’s unregistered private placements.

REV claims to have raised over $260 million. By late 2022, investors stopped receiving payments and were solicited for more money to help them avoid bankruptcy.

In early 2023, retailer Tuesday Morning filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which was only months after REV purchased a controlling stake in the company for $35 million. Many of REV’s brand websites appear to have limited or outdated merchandise for sale, and some sites look like they haven’t been updated regularly. In December, 2021 REV claimed it would be relaunching RadioShack as a cryptocurrency exchange. Currently there’s nothing about cryptocurrency on the site."

so looks like REV paying investors/feeder fund like Norada 25%, Norada paying note investors 12-15%, Pyramids are great real estate but not good investments. REV defaulted to investors late 2022, sounds like Norada heavily invested in them from Norada's website listing all the exact same companies owned only by REV, below is article from Marco, pitching somewhat frantically in August '23, How he will. 

Special Offer -- 17% Interest Promissory Notes (for a limited time) | PREI 442 – Passive Real Estate Investing

This is starting to sound like the plot of that movie "The Producers" with Gene Wilder.

I like Marco and have spoken and had drinks with him over the years quite a few times.

Decent bloke and pretty straight shooter.

Some guy going to jail pretty soon.

Why jail? What has Marco done wrong exactly? The investors signed up for this with full disclosure and knowledge that a negative outcome may happen. 

You read his post :

so looks like REV paying investors/feeder fund like Norada 25%, Norada paying note investors 12-15%

the fun started here...

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Jun 23 2024, 11:54
Quote from @Paul Azad:
Norada is one of the largest and successful turn key Brokers in the US.. so equity in the company is probably a very good thing while they shore up whatever it is they need to shore up.

I have a feeling that liquidation is just around the corner.  There are going to more and more of these coming down the pike as interest rates continue to stay high. Life is on easy street when rates are 2% or I.O.  Now, it's time to pay the piper.  Curious, are the executives suspending their salaries too?

Norada Capital is not strictly a syndication, but rather was selling high yield non-collateralized promissory notes, guaranteed only by their private company for which they give no financial description of what the company does or how it makes money on their website (Marco does describe the business some in an article below). Other than listing a slew of defunct, bankrupt, former American corporations whose trademarks are now collectively owned by a single E commerce company, which itself I think filed for bankruptcy or a re-organization per wall street journal last year, sorry -Firewall

Retail Ecommerce Ventures, Buyer of Moribund Brands, Hires Advisers for Its Own Struggles

The retail venture behind RadioShack, Pier 1 Imports and other online brands has hired restructuring lawyers, according to people familiar with the matter

"The business model of Retail Ecommerce Ventures (REV) is to buy the rights to a bankrupt brick and mortar retail business’s intellectual property and relaunch the brands as online-only ecommerce brands. According to their website, the company’s holdings include RadioShack, Pier 1, Stein Mart, Linens-N-Things, and Modell’s Sporting Goods.

To raise capital, Retail Ecommerce Ventures turned to retail investors across the country. REV Co-founders Alex Mehr, a founder of the dating app Zoosk, and Tai Lopez, a self-help author, advertised heavily on YouTube and made media appearances, including on CNBC.

According to investors Silver Law Group has spoken to, REV claimed investors could earn up to 25% annual return by investing in the company’s unregistered private placements.

REV claims to have raised over $260 million. By late 2022, investors stopped receiving payments and were solicited for more money to help them avoid bankruptcy.

In early 2023, retailer Tuesday Morning filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which was only months after REV purchased a controlling stake in the company for $35 million. Many of REV’s brand websites appear to have limited or outdated merchandise for sale, and some sites look like they haven’t been updated regularly. In December, 2021 REV claimed it would be relaunching RadioShack as a cryptocurrency exchange. Currently there’s nothing about cryptocurrency on the site."

so looks like REV paying investors/feeder fund like Norada 25%, Norada paying note investors 12-15%, Pyramids are great real estate but not good investments. REV defaulted to investors late 2022, sounds like Norada heavily invested in them from Norada's website listing all the exact same companies owned only by REV, below is article from Marco, pitching somewhat frantically in August '23, How he will. 

Special Offer -- 17% Interest Promissory Notes (for a limited time) | PREI 442 – Passive Real Estate Investing

This is starting to sound like the plot of that movie "The Producers" with Gene Wilder.

I like Marco and have spoken and had drinks with him over the years quite a few times.

Also disagree with this.. I am in the same industry as Marco and his company has sold a lot of my clients that I fund properties  I mean a lot.. Cant we just say an investment that is having issues instead of going right to the guy is going to jail ??  Although this investment appears to be quite different then marketing investment houses. 

i was invested in one legit REIT back in 2018 that only promised 8% and all assets are secured by 100% single family, not even an apartment.

The FBI and SEC raided their office back in 2020. It was declared a Ponzi after some very smart investors are united together and gave evidence to law enforcement.

Funny we got our investment back 97% up to this day because the asset is the single family and the value keeps rising.

Now we have so so-called real estate company that re-invested investor money into another high-leverage business (outside real estate), if that's not a scam or high-leverage ponzi I don't know what that is. The business yield that high is just impossible to make.

Carlos I love your posts most of them are over my head when you do your deep dives into certain subjects ..  But again having some personal knowledge of Marco and his real estate operation over the last 2 decades..  maybe a failed investment if it does not work out?.. but a pre  meditated scam or ponzi.. NOPE I simply do not believe that is the case personally..  

Same here, I doubt he did anything to such degree intentionally.

If anything, it was an honest mistake like so many of us make.

It's a shame tho that the Fed nowadays can throw the book at you and consider almost anything a RICO, tax fraud, wire fraud, etc...

to lighten up the mood this morning I was just watching the Robert Plant concert in Toledo on U tube.  did you go?.  you know who he is right or maybe your to young :)

Didn't go mate,

In Toledo for a week in early July.

I don't know Robert Plant and am disappointed that I don't know of him lol 

I grew up with my mum being a clean freak throughout my childhood so she would clean all day and listen to ABBA, Boney M, Bee Gee's, The 4 Seasons, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, Hot Chocolate, etc...

Wish I was born earlier mate

70s and 80s music is the by far the best IMO lol

lead singer for Led Zeppelin  watch  DC honors U tube with Nancy Wilson singing Stairway to Heaven she nailed it.  I saw Led Zeppelin live at Kezar Stadium ( San Fran) it was Bill Grahms first out door concert.. before that it was Winterland  and the Fillmore West and sometimes the COW palace.. These were all awesome SF venues when I was growing up. :)

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Engelo Rumora
Property Manager
#3 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Jun 23 2024, 11:59
Quote from @Paul Azad:

Also disagree with this.. I am in the same industry as Marco and his company has sold a lot of my clients that I fund properties  I mean a lot.. Cant we just say an investment that is having issues instead of going right to the guy is going to jail ??  Although this investment appears to be quite different then marketing investment houses. 

i was invested in one legit REIT back in 2018 that only promised 8% and all assets are secured by 100% single family, not even an apartment.

The FBI and SEC raided their office back in 2020. It was declared a Ponzi after some very smart investors are united together and gave evidence to law enforcement.

Funny we got our investment back 97% up to this day because the asset is the single family and the value keeps rising.

Now we have so so-called real estate company that re-invested investor money into another high-leverage business (outside real estate), if that's not a scam or high-leverage ponzi I don't know what that is. The business yield that high is just impossible to make.

Carlos I love your posts most of them are over my head when you do your deep dives into certain subjects ..  But again having some personal knowledge of Marco and his real estate operation over the last 2 decades..  maybe a failed investment if it does not work out?.. but a pre  meditated scam or ponzi.. NOPE I simply do not believe that is the case personally..  

Same here, I doubt he did anything to such degree intentionally.

If anything, it was an honest mistake like so many of us make.

It's a shame tho that the Fed nowadays can throw the book at you and consider almost anything a RICO, tax fraud, wire fraud, etc...

to lighten up the mood this morning I was just watching the Robert Plant concert in Toledo on U tube.  did you go?.  you know who he is right or maybe your to young :)

Didn't go mate,

In Toledo for a week in early July.

I don't know Robert Plant and am disappointed that I don't know of him lol 

I grew up with my mum being a clean freak throughout my childhood so she would clean all day and listen to ABBA, Boney M, Bee Gee's, The 4 Seasons, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, Hot Chocolate, etc...

Wish I was born earlier mate

70s and 80s music is the by far the best IMO lol

lead singer for Led Zeppelin  watch  DC honors U tube with Nancy Wilson singing Stairway to Heaven she nailed it.  I saw Led Zeppelin live at Kezar Stadium ( San Fran) it was Bill Grahms first out door concert.. before that it was Winterland  and the Fillmore West and sometimes the COW palace.. These were all awesome SF venues when I was growing up. :)

You're like a vintage Ferrari Dino mate hehe

You become more valuable as time goes on

Jay for President 🫡

Oz Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 12:04
Quote from @Chris Seveney:
Quote from @Nate Marshall:
Quote from @Dwaine Beck:

@Chris Seveney

Their notes and turnkey real estate business are separate entities. I did view their financials in January of this year they looked good to me. I'm not sure what the economic conditions are.

Bernie Madoff's 

paperwork looked good as well.

I would not go to any extent to call it a ponzi scheme because of a paused distribution. There are many reasons why people will pause distributions and many companies go through times where they need to do what is best. I have no data on this but I would bet most of these offerings are not scams in any way shape or form. There is also a big difference from someone who has been doing this for 20 years and someone who started during covid (btw i do not know this sponsor but have heard they have been around a very long time). lets not jump to conclusions

in all practical matters, anyone promising s more than 13% is almost operating in practice like a ponzi.

For Lane to issue a 16% dividend, he has to increase rent by 20-25% every year. Is it possible? not possible.

And for Norada to keep giving investors 12-14% annualized, they need home appreciation to be running 18% and above. Is it possible? not possible. Either his flipper going for foreclosure, or as lender, his LTV is rising to above 100%. Do Note that even aggressive bridge lenders only promise 8% return to investors in the current environment.

Carlos,

For example, I could comfortably pay 15% annually and maybe even higher.

It's very hands on and very active involvement and consists of doing deals...

Can turn $200,000 - $300,000 over every 2-3 months doing turnkey or even quicker "wholetaling".

Picking up deals lately at 30-40 cents on the dollar.

Ramped up in-house acquisitions as wholesalers suck big time.

List on the MLS for rookie flippers to purchase at 50-60 cents on the dollar and Bobs your uncle lol

Problem with me is the OPM.

It's a responsibility and an obligation and a commitment.

I treat OPM tighter than my own ehhh

I love the saying "If I pay you, then I can F@$# you".

My mission in life is to stop getting "paid" as much as possible.

The next on my list of elimination are investors/buyers.

They are still paying me, thus are still F@$%ing me hehe

Sorry for the brashness lol

right, that works when the rate is ultra-low, real estate valuation going uo, equity  investor and debt makes money. The Good thing is you do that with your money lol 

but the moment the central bank change course, equity is wiped out and debt investor is having asset that's higher than the loan itself...

I started seeing these days even conservative debt fund got hit and every week comes with new surprise.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 12:12
Quote from @Paul Azad:

lol it has nothing to do with my post..

but in my younger ages, I saw this movie too many times,  Real estate builder / lender committed suicide or they were fleeing to GuangDong province in China to hide after their real estate project gone foreclosure after some interest rate changes (kinda like the same story of our own McAfeee) ......

this kind of event from the 1980s has the same final destination lol lol

even when I am invested these days I remember these movies.....

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 12:30

I recently (4 weeks ago) invested a substantial amount of money in Norada Capital Management and did receive a first payment in June. This "financial problems," can't something that occurred overnight. If they knew problems were brewing, why keep taking in money from new investors, to only after a few weeks, just say thank you, no more distribution and your  money is now converted to equity. Hopefully Marco will be fully transparent in the coming days, so we can all get a better understanding, especially those of us who deposited our money over the past few weeks. I am in Medicine, most patient sue us Doctors not for mistakes we make, but lack of transparency/information, it forces us to give information. Looking forward to specifics from Marco in the coming days and not just, " Due  to current market conditions and unforeseen financial challenges."

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 12:43
Quote from @Dwaine Beck:

I just received a response from Marco. I asked for more information on what happened and how long he expects the suspension to last. He doesn't provide much more information than what was provided in the notice all investors received yesterday evening.

I want to acknowledge your concerns regarding the recent changes. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and we understand that such adjustments can be unsettling.

The reason for our decision was this: Due to economic conditions our investments suspended and/or delayed distributions, and out of an abundance of caution we chose to act expeditiously and with conviction to convert everyone so that the temporary storm can be weathered and everyone comes out the other side.

I understand that this might not be immediately apparent, but we decided to implement these changes after careful consideration and analysis to ensure the long-term stability and sustainability of our business, which we believe will ultimately benefit all our investors.

We fully recognize that you might have additional questions, and we are more than willing to address them in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We value your trust and are committed to ensuring our partnership remains strong and beneficial for both parties.

Please rest assured I'll provide further updates as additional information becomes available.

Sincerely,

Marco Santarelli

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:05

I received the same response, Word for Word.On his podcast ,the day before he sent the email notice to convert to equity ,he said he may offer an equity position in the future.On YouTube you can watch all his podcast,Norada Capital Management Channel,he always states how profitable his businesses are.I don’t trust anything he says now.I had just converted my position with him and had only received my first payment under the new terms.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:07
Quote from @Paul Azad:

lol it has nothing to do with my post..

but in my younger ages, I saw this movie too many times,  Real estate builder / lender committed suicide or they were fleeing to GuangDong province in China to hide after their real estate project gone foreclosure after some interest rate changes (kinda like the same story of our own McAfeee) ......

this kind of event from the 1980s has the same final destination lol lol

even when I am invested these days I remember these movies.....

unfortunatly the GFC caused many a suicide I knew two personally. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:30
Quote from @Alphonso Swaby:

I recently (4 weeks ago) invested a substantial amount of money in Norada Capital Management and did receive a first payment in June. This "financial problems," can't something that occurred overnight. If they knew problems were brewing, why keep taking in money from new investors, to only after a few weeks, just say thank you, no more distribution and your  money is now converted to equity. Hopefully Marco will be fully transparent in the coming days, so we can all get a better understanding, especially those of us who deposited our money over the past few weeks. I am in Medicine, most patient sue us Doctors not for mistakes we make, but lack of transparency/information, it forces us to give information. Looking forward to specifics from Marco in the coming days and not just, " Due  to current market conditions and unforeseen financial challenges."

Similar boat. I invested this past March/April. No mention of difficulties with REV. No mention of conversion to equity possibility.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:51
Quote from @Paula Impala:

I invested in Norada Capital Management and was coming here to connect with others who have invested. Did not receive my payment from Norada this month (June) and just received the following notification in my email.

Any thoughts or recommendations from fellow investors.  Thank you in advance for any advice or insight.

Dear Valued Investor,

I hope you are well. As a lender (aka “Maker”) to Norada, you are a valued member of the Norada family.
The purpose of this correspondence is to provide you with an update on the repayment under the terms of the promissory note (“Note”) as an obligation of Norada Capital Management, LLC (“Norada”).
As with all businesses, Norada is subject to market factors that could impact its ability to make payments. Due to current market conditions and unforeseen financial challenges, we have decided to temporarily suspend distribution payments. This decision was not made lightly and comes after thorough deliberation and analysis of our current financial position.
This requires us to exercise our right to convert your Note and issue equity (aka membership interests) in Norada. You will recall that your Note allows Norada to convert the outstanding balance owed into equity and that it can redeem that equity in the future by repayment of the Note principal in full. There is nothing required by you related to your Note being converted. It happens automatically upon notice being sent.
As such, this email will provide you notice that Norada has chosen to exercise its right under the Note §6 to issue equity to you in Norada. Your equity is valued at the unpaid face value of the Note plus any accrued but unpaid interest. We expect to be in a position to redeem your interests in short order, and we will keep you posted, as always, on any developments in this regard.

We understand the importance of distributions to our investors and recognize the impact this decision may have on your financial planning. Please be assured that this suspension is temporary. We are committed to resuming regular distributions as soon as our financial situation stabilizes and improves.

Our primary goal is to ensure the long-term stability and sustainability of our business. By temporarily halting distributions, we can preserve capital, manage our resources more effectively, and invest in key areas that will drive future growth and profitability.

In the interim, we are taking strategic steps to strengthen our financial health, including cost-reduction measures, revenue-generating initiatives, and debt restructuring options. Our management team is dedicated to navigating through these challenges and emerging stronger.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. We remain committed to transparency and will keep you informed of any significant developments. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to contact me directly. (I will do my best to reply to your email in a timely manner.)
Thank you for your continued trust and support.
Sincerely,

Marco SantarelliFounder & CEONorada Capital Management

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:51

I received the same response, Word for Word.On his podcast ,the day before he sent the email notice to convert to equity ,he said he may offer an equity position in the future.On YouTube you can watch all his podcast,Norada Capital Management Channel,he always states how profitable his businesses are.I don’t trust anything he says now.I had just converted my position with him and had only received my first payment under the new terms.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
V.G Jason
Pro Member
#2 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:53
Quote from @Paul Azad:

From what it looks like Carlos ain't wrong though. As much folks here love Marco and stuff, bad things can happen to anyone.

I don't know Marco, but for his sake I hope he comes out above water on this simply because of the amount of investors that are getting royally ****ed.

But just cause see someone on business transactions doesn't mean all is good in the hood. I don't care who someone is or who they think they are, it's in the times of the biggest despair it'll show there true character.

It is a failed investment if it doesn't work out. It's beyond that if he kept investments open until this minute prior to announcing a halt in payments. That is the difference.

The convertible equity play is just garbage.  It means trouble has been brewing, and he did nothing to help his investors steer from it besides cap investments, especially since the underlying investment has been failing for 6 months+. As for the recent investors,  he walked them right into it. That's beyond predatory, that's literally an act of fraudulent behavior.

I know we got Lame suckering folks out here, but Marco's name is on the wall despite longevity if he's on this kind of choo choo train too. Forget reputation, the aforementioned longevity it means nothing when you screw people over.

With that said, investors got to do their diligence. Just reading back what all these investments are, this is a top down payment pyramid scheme with a known and fraudulent Youtube star from the yesteryears at the top of the food chain.  Shame on yall for getting in, and shame on an investment firm buying into this.

If it's truly been bust since end of 2022, let's seen audit of the books. Whose the say the new investors is what's been preserving the notes payable from Jan 24-fwd. I'm speculating here, not accusing. But I'd love to see it. If I'm a betting man I'm saying the 2024 investors is what's kept it going till June24. 

User Stats

Votes
V.G Jason
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jun 23 2024, 13:58
Quote from @Mark Bacon:
Quote from @Alphonso Swaby:

Similar boat. I invested this past March/April. No mention of difficulties with REV. No mention of conversion to equity possibility.

This is exactly the suspect behavior I am referring to. No mention or adjusted disclaimers as the investment vehicle stays full open. I stick to my speculation view-- 2024 investors kept this train going till June24. I bet the amount of new  investments has dwindled MoM and he got in front of this probably 3-6 months before full bust and can attempt to keep 60-70c on the dollar. I've been around the block too long to know differently.

Mr. Bacon got turned out like the butt of a pig. Hope this works out for you, though, in all seriousness. Next time I recommend reading the investments it's in...Tao Lopez is a huge red flag.

User Stats

Votes
Michael P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooke Park Drive
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooke Park Drive
Replied Jun 23 2024, 14:01

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Jun 23 2024, 14:02
Quote from @V.G Jason:
Quote from @Paul Azad:

From what it looks like Carlos ain't wrong though. As much folks here love Marco and stuff, bad things can happen to anyone.

I don't know Marco, but for his sake I hope he comes out above water on this simply because of the amount of investors that are getting royally ****ed.

But just cause see someone on business transactions doesn't mean all is good in the hood. I don't care who someone is or who they think they are, it's in the times of the biggest despair it'll show there true character.

It is a failed investment if it doesn't work out. It's beyond that if he kept investments open until this minute prior to announcing a halt in payments. That is the difference.

The convertible equity play is just garbage.  It means trouble has been brewing, and he did nothing to help his investors steer from it besides cap investments, especially since the underlying investment has been failing for 6 months+. As for the recent investors,  he walked them right into it. That's beyond predatory, that's literally an act of fraudulent behavior.

I know we got Lame suckering folks out here, but Marco's name is on the wall despite longevity if he's on this kind of choo choo train too. Forget reputation, the aforementioned longevity it means nothing when you screw people over.

With that said, investors got to do their diligence. Just reading back what all these investments are, this is a top down payment pyramid scheme with a known and fraudulent Youtube star from the yesteryears at the top of the food chain.  Shame on yall for getting in, and shame on an investment firm buying into this.

If it's truly been bust since end of 2022, let's seen audit of the books. Whose the say the new investors is what's been preserving the notes payable from Jan 24-fwd. I'm speculating here, not accusing. But I'd love to see it. If I'm a betting man I'm saying the 2024 investors is what's kept it going till June24. 

I get your point of view and the post abut taking funds 2 weeks before stopping was posted after I made my comments.. so I agree I dont like the looks of that as well.. my main point is I dont think its a pre meditated scam .. Just like I dont think Open Door Capital is premeditated scam.. Just deals that are not working.. I see these pretty much the same.. ODC brought in pref equity thereby diluting their investors yet keeping their fees going.. so what about that ?  its quite amazing the amount of these deals that are going south this year.. I for one did not know that all these GPs who probably trianed under gurus were doing all this short term financing that juiced day one returns anad now finds themselves in trouble.. amazing really.

User Stats

Votes
V.G Jason
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jun 23 2024, 14:09
Quote from @V.G Jason:
Quote from @Paul Azad:

I get your point of view and the post abut taking funds 2 weeks before stopping was posted after I made my comments.. so I agree I dont like the looks of that as well.. my main point is I dont think its a pre meditated scam .. Just like I dont think Open Door Capital is premeditated scam.. Just deals that are not working.. I see these pretty much the same.. ODC brought in pref equity thereby diluting their investors yet keeping their fees going.. so what about that ?  its quite amazing the amount of these deals that are going south this year.. I for one did not know that all these GPs who probably trianed under gurus were doing all this short term financing that juiced day one returns anad now finds themselves in trouble.. amazing really.

I agree with all this. I don't think Norada capital programs were premediated scams, I think REV was but that's beyond the point. 

Norada was hoping a rate cut in March or May to solve the headwinds going into 2024, it just hasn't materialized. That and/or restructuring of REV, the underlying investment.  Given how this is playing out, they are dangling their final straws.  I am fully suspecting and speculating they were fully aware of these issues at the end of 2023, and rather than acting then they are acting now. And the problem with that is they took investments between then and there, and that to me is the difference between fraudulent behavior and risk management.

ODC is not a scam, it's just a pied piper who was all luck no skill from their historical success. ODC is literally why I went into active investments at the RE level at the end of 2022. Homie is trash at this. The other syndication I invested in gave 180 answers from ODC, and were way ahead of the curve. It's my fault for investing in ODC, but I took the lesson and looked underneath the hood and enjoy the active investments now.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 15:06
Quote from @V.G Jason:
Quote from @V.G Jason:
Quote from @Paul Azad:

I agree with all this. I don't think Norada capital programs were premediated scams, I think REV was but that's beyond the point. 

Norada was hoping a rate cut in March or May to solve the headwinds going into 2024, it just hasn't materialized. That and/or restructuring of REV, the underlying investment.  Given how this is playing out, they are dangling their final straws.  I am fully suspecting and speculating they were fully aware of these issues at the end of 2023, and rather than acting then they are acting now. And the problem with that is they took investments between then and there, and that to me is the difference between fraudulent behavior and risk management.

ODC is not a scam, it's just a pied piper who was all luck no skill from their historical success. ODC is literally why I went into active investments at the RE level at the end of 2022. Homie is trash at this. The other syndication I invested in gave 180 answers from ODC, and were way ahead of the curve. It's my fault for investing in ODC, but I took the lesson and looked underneath the hood and enjoy the active investments now.

Misdirecting investor funds to a ponzi scheme like REV is another ponzi in itself

User Stats

Votes
Patti Robertson
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Jun 23 2024, 15:07

This post gives me nightmares of an investment I had from 2005-2008 called Wextrust.  It was essentially what we call syndications today.  They paid an 8% dividend, which I had reinvested into their hard money lending fund.  They bought real buidings - shopping centers, hotels for condo conversion, etc.  I even knew one of the retail tenants.  My final confirmation to invest was that my own CPA firm was the firm who signed off on their proformas and confirmed they were performaing as predicted.  When the market started crashing they couldn't keep up and their illegal attempts to right the ship turned it into a ponzi.  We got notice in 2008 that it was being shut down by the SCC and a receiver was put into place.  After 11 years of receivership, investors got back only 10% of our collective $220M investment.  I hope that's not what is happening in this case, but even people who start out above board, too often come up with bad plans when trying to scramble to turn an investment around to cover up what went wrong.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Lender
Replied Jun 23 2024, 15:51
Quote from @Patti Robertson:

This post gives me nightmares of an investment I had from 2005-2008 called Wextrust.  It was essentially what we call syndications today.  They paid an 8% dividend, which I had reinvested into their hard money lending fund.  They bought real buidings - shopping centers, hotels for condo conversion, etc.  I even knew one of the retail tenants.  My final confirmation to invest was that my own CPA firm was the firm who signed off on their proformas and confirmed they were performaing as predicted.  When the market started crashing they couldn't keep up and their illegal attempts to right the ship turned it into a ponzi.  We got notice in 2008 that it was being shut down by the SCC and a receiver was put into place.  After 11 years of receivership, investors got back only 10% of our collective $220M investment.  I hope that's not what is happening in this case, but even people who start out above board, too often come up with bad plans when trying to scramble to turn an investment around to cover up what went wrong.

yup  happened to me to in the late 80s company I worked for a 1 b syndication company .. started leaking oil and instead of flushing the bad ones they started borrowing from the reserve accounts of the good ones and the whole house of cards went down and I was out of a job and within a year was logging in ORegon  :)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 16:30

I am an Investor in Norada Capital and I received the same letter. Marco has replied to my 2 emails and was polite but very vague on answering my questions. I would be interested in staying in touch with other investors who receive this letter.

Steve Courtney

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 17:04

You buy notes paying 12 to 16 percent and you are “disappointed” when the enterprise crashes and burns?

Credit card receivables are much more clear cut.

CV3 Financial logo
CV3 Financial
|
Sponsored
Fix & Flip | DSCR | Construction Loans Up to 90% LTV - Up to 80% Cash Out - No Income Verification - No Seasoning Requirements

User Stats

Votes
Engelo Rumora
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Jun 23 2024, 18:10
Quote from @V.G Jason:
Quote from @Paul Azad:

Jay told me something when I lost his HML that I'll never forget.

He said "A man show's his true colors in time's of adversity and not triumph. What color are you?"

The rest is history and I've always endeavored to show my true colors whenever my integrity was questioned and I was thrown under the bus.

Jay, the drama I had on the other thread that you posted on. Ended up paying money back to that investor... (J Wise told me I'm nuts lol)

But don't tell anyone please because the vultures will smell blood and want more even if it isn't my wrong doing... lol

Maybe I'll just starting getting legals involved to send letters as it will be cheaper that way lol.

Hurt people "hurt people" and if you aren't happy from within, you will never be happy with anything or anyone else... Gotta find someone else to blame, right?

VG, good points and I'm not a fan of taking on more capital if the engine isn't working. It seems that it happened over the last few months with what others are posting...

Takes a lifetime to build a reputation and 5min to loose one - Warren Buffet.

I'm sure Marco is reading these comments and will probably reply.

Wishing everyone much success and it's only money at the end of the day.

You can't take it with you.

It can't make you more loved.

And it can't make you healthier or happier 🙏

Oz Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Engelo Rumora
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Jun 23 2024, 18:13
Quote from @Michael P.:

If only it was that easy amigo.

Bitcoin Jesus renounced us citizenship in 2014.

Didn't pay $200m in taxes I believe for 2012 (While still a citizen).

Interpol just picked him up in Spain not too long ago.

So you gotta do the fraud after you renounce your residency in order to run and have better chance of not getting dragged back to US soil hehe
Oz Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2024, 18:35
Quote from @John Clark:

You buy notes paying 12 to 16 percent and you are “disappointed” when the enterprise crashes and burns?

Credit card receivables are much more clear cut.

Yeah lol

Before I joined biggerpockets I thought people know that any investment with return above 11 percent is super high risk …

But then I realized I am minority …

I grew up with bank owners fleeing to China after interest rate hike and when I said bank owner it is literallly bank owner….

And folks that wanna 20 %yield you could invest to Turkey bond lol albeit with their currency going lower