Marketing for sellers-automated mass voicemails

Marketing for sellers-automated mass voicemails

St. Louis, MO · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 5 votes

I have been looking for ways to streamline my marketing. In the past, I've been doing a mix of yellow letters and calling people. Although it sucks to do, calling people has been way more successful. Even if you end up leaving a message, I think prospects like hearing you are a real person, who you are, and what you are looking for. Its much better than an ornry looking letter. A lot of people are so skeptical (and almost afraid) when they call back from it.

I knew about the 'slydial' app where it allows you to skip the ring of someone's phone and just go straight to the voicemail. I started wondering if there was a way I could pre-record a message and then have a program put it on thousands of voicemails. After googling for a little bit I found a couple of services that can do this. I called them to find out more information. I told the guy I wanted to do around 3,000-5,000 voicemails a month. He said I could do their smallest package which would be 10,000 calls and just space it out over 2 or 3 months.

He said I would be able to upload the list and the voicemail then set up a 'job' within the account to have it send out around 1,000 a week and space them out. Its totally automated and I after setting it up I wouldn't even have to touch it. Since I'm used to saying what property I'm talking about in the voicemail so I would have to work pretty hard on wording it correctly but I'm sure after some serious thought I could figure something out.

It would cost $0.09/voicemail ($900 for all 10,000). Since from my experience voicemails are way better than yellow letters and yellow letters are much more work and cost about 6x more money I'm starting to think this sounds like a dream come true. Is there anything I should be on the look out for? I figured if this was really that amazing all of us would already be talking about it.

Here's the company - http://www.infolinkca.com/services/voice-casting.html

I looked at a few others but they would have really fake sounding voice automation.

1Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Dev HornPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
13y

Hey Brian Porter - I'm wondering if you might want to remove some of the RE investor "lingo" such as "fix and flip" and "rehab". You don't necessarily need to explain your plans - why would they care? Just explain what's important to them. "I'm am looking to purchase a house in your area. Are you interested in selling?...". Just a thought.

My other thought is, how are you coming up with your list? Are you targeting potential motivated sellers? I wouldn't want to waste much time talking to unmotivated sellers that might expect full price of their house.

You may want to consider an out-going message that is more specific to the motivated seller - "Need to sell your house fast? Does it need repairs that prevent you from selling it? NO PROBLEM! My name is Brian, and I buy houses as-is, for CASH...."

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2010 · 1 post · 0 votes
    13y

    Hey Brian. I think it's a great idea! What service are you using to pull the owners phone #?

    I think the strategy would be just using the city or county name when calling the owner in comparison to using the full address. The downside is that you would have to break it down by city and record a couple of different messages?

  • Wholesaler · Three Rivers, MA · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    I am actually working with a company that will pull leads of people who actually searched multiple search engines or visited sites that searched terms like "need to sell fast", returns phone and email addresses and that info can be entered into an autodialer. You can even record your own message. People have an option to be connected directly to you, leave a voicemail for you, or opt out (which removes the dilemma of the DNC list). I will be providing this as a service and can give you more details once I complete the process and test it.

  • St. Louis, MO · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 5 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Chris Genard:
    Hey Brian. I think it's a great idea! What service are you using to pull the owners phone #?

    I think the strategy would be just using the city or county name when calling the owner in comparison to using the full address. The downside is that you would have to break it down by city and record a couple of different messages?

    As of now, when I have been making my own calls, I just look up their phone numbers on whitepages.com. Obviously with 10,000 though that will get extremely tedious.

    I've looked up a service that pulls bulk records. From memory I think it would be about $250 for all 10k which could definitely be worth it. The only downfall I've found is that that list is much more filtered. I've found that a lot of people say they are on the 'Do Not Call' list yet their number is still somehow on whitepages.com. If they are on the DNC list their number wouldn't have come up from that service.

    I've been toying with the idea of hiring a virtual assistant to look up numbers for me although I haven't made a decision yet.

    Here's the voicemail I am considering:

    "Hey, sorry I missed you. My name is Brian Porter. I am a real estate investor in St. Louis. I own a few rentals and do the occasional fix and flip. I'm calling about property you own. I wanted to see if you would consider selling. I'm looking for more properties to either take on as rentals or rehab. If you are interested in selling, I would love to speak with you about it. I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks!"

    I try to avoid sounding like a company that wants to come in and buy a ton of stuff. I think people are much more responsive if you sound like a casual person just looking for some rentals. It makes them feel like they aren't getting screwed over by a big company.

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Brian Porter - I'm wondering if you might want to remove some of the RE investor "lingo" such as "fix and flip" and "rehab". You don't necessarily need to explain your plans - why would they care? Just explain what's important to them. "I'm am looking to purchase a house in your area. Are you interested in selling?...". Just a thought.

    My other thought is, how are you coming up with your list? Are you targeting potential motivated sellers? I wouldn't want to waste much time talking to unmotivated sellers that might expect full price of their house.

    You may want to consider an out-going message that is more specific to the motivated seller - "Need to sell your house fast? Does it need repairs that prevent you from selling it? NO PROBLEM! My name is Brian, and I buy houses as-is, for CASH...."

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Brian Porter

    I remember the year I employed 16 telemarketers... Room full of half way house gals who ate my Advil like candy to get high... Something about Advil and past drug users.

    Anyway..

    I think cold calling is a great plan however not certain about voicemail calling... At the very least I would want to have the call from number and ID be a call back to you with your business name.

    Here is the script we used...

    Hi, my name is __________with I Buy Houses… We are looking for 3 and 4 bedroom homes in your neighborhood…And I was wondering…who do you know that is looking to move out of your area? (No one) Fantastic!

    Thank you for taking the time to think about it.. By the way

    1. Have you thought about selling? (Never) Terrific!

    2. If you were to sell…where would you go next? (Back to LA) That’s Exciting!

    3. And when would that be? (3 months) Fantastic!

    If they do not want to sell say thank you and hang up
    or
    If they want to sell

    4. Are you planning on selling this house? (Yes) That’s exciting!

    5. Do you have your next home picked out already? (You do) Ouch!

    6. What do you think it will take to get the houses sold? (The right offer) Really!

    7. I buy houses… just like yours… all of the time, and I have found that if the seller is willing… we can come up with a solution that works best for both of us, is that okay with you? (Yes) outstanding

    8. Sometimes the only way we can buy the houses we look at is to take over the debt and pay you your equity, That means the loan will stay in your name until its sold, assumed or paid off.

    9. Sometimes even buy the house under a lease option… Is that a problem? ? Yes ? No

    10. So if we can pay you your equity, guarantee and make your payments and be responsible for all repairs you will sell the home to us, right? ? Yes ? No

    11. What time today would be better for me to come out and buy your house ___________ or ______________? (___) Terrific

    12. Before I come out… there are just a few more questions… I need to ask about your house, is that okay? (It is) outstanding

    13. Is the home ? Vacant or ? Occupied? Occupant Name?

    14. _____ Bedrooms ______ Baths

    15. How many Square Feet? ________________

    16. Size of the Garage? ____________________

    17. How did you happen to own the home?

    18. What Kind of repairs does it need?

    19. ? Carpet ? Paint ? Roof ? Cabinets ? Electrical ? Plumbing ? Plaster ? Sheet Rock
    ? Cooler ? Heater ? Air Conditioner ?Window ? Landscaping ? Clean-up ? ______

    20. What do you think the repair cost will be?____________

    21. What are you asking for the house? __________________

    22. Is that ? Fixed–Up or ? ‘As Is’

    23. How did you come up with that Price?

    24. How soon would you like to be sold? ____Days _________Date

    25. Is there a Mortgage on the house? ? Yes ? No

    26. What is/are the balance? 1st ________ 2nd ________3rd________

    27. Are you in Foreclosure? ? Yes ? No ? Notice of Default or ? Trustee Sale...Sale Date _______ Arrearage Amount __________

    28. One last thing…. When I come out… it is important…that all of the decision makers be there…. so I can come to an agreement to buy your house… Will all of the decision makers be there for the appointment? (If all of them are not there don’t go)

    29. Well, ____________ I look forward in meeting you at __________…

    And here is the tracking form...

    http://michaelquarles.homestead.com/Cold_Calling_Record.xls

  • Long Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 8 votes
    13y

    Two I've used are Mojosells and Callfire. Mojosells is more for making 'live' calls and will allow you to leave a voice mail if no one picks up. At the time, I paid for their lifetime access to the White Pages where you could download all the listed numbers in a given area, i.e. zipcode and import it. It wasn't a great list but it was cheap.

    Callfire will let you send out blanket voice and text messages. I thought they were pretty reasonably priced but I wasn't sending out that many.

    I believe Mojosells has changed their model to offer a tiered rate but I like Callfire 'cause you just pay for what you use. FWIW.

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Dev Horn:
    Hey Brian Porter - I'm wondering if you might want to remove some of the RE investor "lingo" such as "fix and flip" and "rehab". You don't necessarily need to explain your plans - why would they care?

    Dev Horn I love this, many newbies use "lingo", I coach selling on terms, and never use "sub2, cfd, lo,wrap" language.

    For example, "Would you lease option your house?" is terrible.

    Instead, "If I could pay you a fair sales price for your house, would you lease it to me for 24 months first?" :)

  • Wholesaler · Three Rivers, MA · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Michael Quarles Wow great script and form! Hope you don't mind but I plan on attacking it with both of these! Thank You!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Brian Gibbons:
    Originally posted by Dev Horn:
    Hey Brian Porter - I'm wondering if you might want to remove some of the RE investor "lingo" such as "fix and flip" and "rehab". You don't necessarily need to explain your plans - why would they care?

    Dev Horn I love this, many newbies use "lingo", I coach selling on terms, and never use "sub2, cfd, lo,wrap" language.

    For example, "Would you lease option your house?" is terrible.

    Instead, "If I could pay you a fair sales price for your house, would you lease it to me for 24 months first?" :)

    Brian Gibbons

    At certain points of a conversation, especially a phone conversation, the statement of financing isn't a question rather embedded for future conversation and important. We should never explain the terms however saying the phrase is extremely helpful when negotiating at a later time.

    I always try and include the following...

    8. Sometimes the only way we can buy the houses we look at is to take over the debt and pay you your equity, That means the loan will stay in your name until its sold, assumed or paid off.

    9. Sometimes even buy the house under a lease option... Is that a problem? ? Yes ? No

    I dont ever buy using a lease option and buy a ton using sub2 and find this little worm in the water helps.. JMHO

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    For low equity deals, Michael Quarles I either
    -lease option and assign for an option release fee or
    -buy on sub2.

    Some people just dont want to give up the deed!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2008 · 100 posts · 4 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Brian Gibbons:
    For low equity deals, Michael Quarles I either
    -lease option and assign for an option release fee or
    -buy on sub2.

    Some people just dont want to give up the deed!

    @Brian Gibbons - Can you please explain a little more about your assign for an option release fee?

    Is this fee received from the seller or your tenant/buyer that you have found from them?

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hi Mike Cartmell

    In the Rent to Own Lease Option section of the forums there are many posts about lease option assignments.

    What I do:
    I look for no equity pretty houses
    I lease option then assign to tenant buyers that have good potenatial for getting a loan in 24 months. I earn a 3% fee to assign to the buyer. I act as a principal in my LLC when I enter into a lease and option with the Seller. Once I receive my option release fee, my attorney drafts a new lease and new option.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2008 · 100 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Thanks Brian Gibbons

    I understand how options work but was just wondering if you are completely hands off after you have assigned the lease option to the new buyer. Are you basically just the middle man finding a lease option buyer for your seller at a 3% fee of which the seller receives none? I like this strategy if this is the case. Seems much quicker than a short sale.

    Thanks again.

    I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Sorry Brian Porter

  • St. Louis, MO · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 5 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Mike Cartmell:

    I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Sorry Brian Porter

    Haha no worries! We are all here to learn and ask questions.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Brian Gibbons

    Are you a real estate Broker or licensee or are you utilizing a Broker to negotiate your transactions?

    If not how are you dealing with B and P code 10131.1

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.