Who is really successfully using DealMachine?

Who is really successfully using DealMachine?

Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 44 votes

I'm starting to wonder if Dealmachine is just really great at promotion of the product. Everytime I come back to the app to try it out when they say there's a new update I am let down by the software. I can't image people are really using it on a large scale.

Last night I decided to try the bulk upload tool for the first time, a list of about 400 leads, from an area 2 hours from me. I added "Google Street Pic" to my account and it successfully pulls Google images for about 75%, leaving about 80-100 leads without an image. The app will not filter out which leads do not have pictures, leaving me having to manually change the type of postcard to one without an image for a large amount of leads. This would be a VERY inefficient method and leaves me wanting to just send that list out to a different mailer service.

What is everyone's thoughts?

1Reply
282 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

@John Mucilli I am NOT a fan of deal machine. They spend a ton of money on advertising their product and apparently have none left over to spend on product development. PropStream has a driving for dollars app and its far superior to Deal Machine. Also, its much cheaper to send a larger volume of street view postcards or letters using a large printing company than it is to send through deal machine. Just my .02

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atmore, AL · Member since 2023 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    how do you typically contact owner when driving for dollars? Mail, knock in door, phone call? 

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Justin Stamper:

    Great marketing, poor software. Better off using a mix of like mapdriven with a good CRM and skip trace company and separate mailer company. Happy to send recs in my DM


     What are your recommendations now?

  • Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I like Property Radar. Their records are more accurate in my opinion

  • Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    2y

    Are you saving your leads in a different CRM? I do enjoy the interface and their ability to show owner data without having to skiptrace. It's a valuable tool if you are using it. @Ron Singleton

  • Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brian Piechocki:

    Anyone with a different experience more recently? I noticed most of the posts are 3 years old. 


     They have updated the software over time. In my opinion it's not the all in one solution I wish it was. I think it's great for tagging properties and finding owner data on the fly, but I still prefer getting my working leads into another CRM. If I was bulk mailing I wouldn't be doing it through the app either. 

  • Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Justin Stamper:

    Great marketing, poor software. Better off using a mix of like mapdriven with a good CRM and skip trace company and separate mailer company. Happy to send recs in my DM


     Justin, what software are you using these days?

  • Glenside, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    I have had nothing but problems utilizing their system.  I would stay far away from it.  Every step of the way it is complicated, counter intuitive, and time consuming.  It is very difficult to navigate.  I can't speak to the accuracy of their skip traced numbers, but it sounds like that's not good either.  I've used Propstream and Reonomy.  While Reonomy is not comparable as it's for commercial properties, Propstream is.  Both are much easier to navigate.  There is a learning curve for each, but nothing like the hours spent attempting to work with dealmachine.  Their only customer service is through chat.  Unfortunately, if you ask more than one question, they only answer one, and it's typically not an answer to any of the questions you asked.  If it could do it what it claims to do in a more streamlined and organized fashion, it could be decent.  Unfortunately, it is not.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 822 posts · 303 votes
    1y
    Quote from @John Mucilli:
    Quote from @Justin Stamper:

    Great marketing, poor software. Better off using a mix of like mapdriven with a good CRM and skip trace company and separate mailer company. Happy to send recs in my DM


     Justin, what software are you using these days?


     we are using REsimpli for our CRM and they can pull data etc. its pretty much a one stop shop for running an investment firm/renovating/wholesaling. If you use the promo code "marley" its 50% off for the first month. definitely has been an upgrade for us from switching from Salesforce, trello, podio,etc 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.