Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Dale Peterson
  • Investor
  • Florida
Votes |
Has anyone ever used Liran Koren's off-market investment strategy

Dale Peterson
  • Investor
  • Florida
Posted

Hey, everyone. I'm a long-time lurker but new poster. I recently came across a real estate guru called Liran Koren (lirankoren.com). He seems legit, but I wanted a second opinion before I pull the trigger.

His strategy seems like utter simplicity, even better than a subject-to deal, but in the back of my mind I wonder if it's too good to be true. His strategy is to cruise the foreclosure lists to find junior lien holders, specifically HOA/COA foreclosures before the senior lien holder has filed for foreclosure (only works in judicial foreclosure states). Then you contact the homeowner, work out a quick cash payment for a QCD deal, pay off the HOA to stop foreclosure, and then you can rent out the property for years for pure profit without ever having to pay the original mortgage. Something about you are now a party with indispensable interest, since the bank doesn't have a promissory note with your signature. It all seems so simple, but before I buy his course I'd feel more comfortable if I could get a second opinion. Am I missing any risk factors?

Loading replies...