Where should I get my direct mail supplies and what should I pay

Where should I get my direct mail supplies and what should I pay

Investor · Southern California · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 6 votes

I have a list that I feel confident and I want to start a direct mail campaign. I have a few questions on getting started... What is the most cost efficient way to start a direct mail campaign? Where should I get my supplies to save the most money without compromising the effectiveness of the mail, and what should I be paying? I see a lot of websites and services recommended, but for someone who has never looked into DM before, its hard to know what is a good price and what is not. Any other tips are welcome as well. Thanks!

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jeremy Taylor:

    I have a list that I feel confident and I want to start a direct mail campaign. I have a few questions on getting started... What is the most cost efficient way to start a direct mail campaign? Where should I get my supplies to save the most money without compromising the effectiveness of the mail, and what should I be paying? I see a lot of websites and services recommended, but for someone who has never looked into DM before, its hard to know what is a good price and what is not. Any other tips are welcome as well. Thanks!

     Depends.

    The list is most important. I sent out 1,000 pieces and got nothing. I sent out 1,000 different pieces to a different list and I picked up 3 properties (Phoenix). Which list is better? Was it the season I sent them out, or the better list or the better mailer? 

    If you want to make money at this you don't do Fix & Flip. You buy Subject To and cash flow the property. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/600/topics/58...

    Yes, people in California will buy here, since it is so much more profitable than CA and not far away. Of course, if your goal is to swing a hammer, then you send to a list of houses that are unkempt. It's a tough way to go, but a lot of people do that. If you want to cut your years to retirement, do Subject To instead. You'll enjoy it more. 

  • Investor · Southern California · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Jeremy Taylor:

    I have a list that I feel confident and I want to start a direct mail campaign. I have a few questions on getting started... What is the most cost efficient way to start a direct mail campaign? Where should I get my supplies to save the most money without compromising the effectiveness of the mail, and what should I be paying? I see a lot of websites and services recommended, but for someone who has never looked into DM before, its hard to know what is a good price and what is not. Any other tips are welcome as well. Thanks!

     Depends.

    The list is most important. I sent out 1,000 pieces and got nothing. I sent out 1,000 different pieces to a different list and I picked up 3 properties (Phoenix). Which list is better? Was it the season I sent them out, or the better list or the better mailer? 

    If you want to make money at this you don't do Fix & Flip. You buy Subject To and cash flow the property. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/600/topics/58...

    Yes, people in California will buy here, since it is so much more profitable than CA and not far away. Of course, if your goal is to swing a hammer, then you send to a list of houses that are unkempt. It's a tough way to go, but a lot of people do that. If you want to cut your years to retirement, do Subject To instead. You'll enjoy it more. 

    Thanks for the advice. I plan to do both. I have a list and a strategy. My question was about the actual mailers and supplies.  Do you have any advise on where to get the supplies or what companies provide the best value for DM campaigns? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.