Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Erin Elam
  • Little Elm, TX
Votes |
Expectations when viewing home to wholesale

Erin Elam
  • Little Elm, TX
Posted

Hello BP,

I need some help! This might seem trivial,  but it's happened so I'd like to know how wholesalers handle this. 

When I go see a house for possible wholesaling - first question: is it ok to go ahead and bring inspector and/ or GC with you?

The reasons being: time is money.  I want to make an educated offer before I leave that sellers porch.  And this is assuming I have already run comps before I set foot on the property. 

Second question (if yes is the answer to the first)... How in the world do you keep the seller busy while the inspector/GC does their thing? 

Reason I'm asking:  I scheduled and met with a seller who was willing to let me take a look. I brought my inspector,  because I wanted as much info asap on condition of home... well the seller and I talked quite a bit,  but every single time he saw my inspector,  inspect .. "what is that? What do you see?" Etc..

So ... my seasoned wholesalers - I'm sure you are well versed in calculating a pretty accurate ARV without a GC or inspector ... what advice would you give to a new wholesaler??? I want a good reputation as a wholesaler, not a greedy or inaccurate one.

Many thanks in advance, 

Erin

Loading replies...