BPer's Unite! Let's Kick the Joker-Wholesalers Out!

BPer's Unite! Let's Kick the Joker-Wholesalers Out!

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I've noticed here on BP that there's quite a bit of complaining about "joker-wholesalers" or wholesaler-wannabees who sell overpriced (and definitely not wholesale) deals.

I cannot blame you BP Nation! These "joker-wholesalers" give real wholesalers like me a bad name. Here are the sins of these joker-wholesalers:

1. They overestimate the After Repair Value

2. They underestimate repairs

3. Because they are wrong with the above 2 numbers, they sell you overpriced deals

4. They get deals off the MLS and they sell them way above their listing price on the MLS

5. They sometimes even sell deals they have not put under contract (meaning they're doing something illegal).

What do you think is the reason why there's quite a bit of "joker-wholesalers" out there?

I think the reason is lack of education (or wrong education) and the greed of easy way to riches perpetrated by the "gurus".

I propose that BP starts a "Wholesaling University" - a free educational series for wholesalers (series of podcast perhaps?). We need educated wholesalers who understand that...

1. They need to leave enough "meat on the bone" - meaning, the rehabber will make $30K on a deal and the wholesaler makes $5K (not the other way around)

2. The key is finding great deals (because when the deal is great, selling it is easy)

and lastly, the key is developing LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP with the rehabbers, banks, and real estate agents working with you. (and when you build long term relationship, there is no room for GREED but WIN-WIN).

If you agree to kicking Joker-wholesalers out, respond to this below.
@Joshua Dorkin , is "Wholesaling University" or a free educational series on wholesaling done before on BP?

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    You've got my vote for a wholesalers university or education series. I'll participate in whatever way I can.

  • Salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 701 posts · 159 votes
    12y

    I believe that BP provides a lot of good information for all types of investors already. If I chose to be a wholesaler I would be able to be cause of the information here. It doesn't hurt me that a wholesaler is still uniformed or incompetent. He will not be able to stay in business. I will not be buying his deals. If he sells a few to other investors it is because they are uniformed and need to continue learning.

    In my opinion there is not a unique set of information that only wholesalers need.

    Bill

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.