How come there are no effective wholesalers in Connecticut?

How come there are no effective wholesalers in Connecticut?

Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes

How come there are no effective wholesalers that are hitting it out of the park in Connecticut? Is there something about our market that makes wholesaling more difficult?

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
3y

Hey James,

Like @Devin Peterson said, there are plenty of great wholesalers doing great things in CT.  The thing about real estate is that all parts of it go in cycles.  Right now, realtors are struggling and a bunch are starting to create property management companies as a result.

With wholesaling, the market ran up so much that offers on properties for wholesaling was paid at retail prices.  I don't think there has been enough pain in the market for people to reconsider what is an appropriate offer.  For this reason, we have found wholesaling to be tough.

In this game, it really is a number's game.  You have to get out there as much as possible and make long connections.  I know people that were networking with a person for years before finally getting the contract.  

Stay encouraged!


See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Devin PetersonBusiness Member
    Lender · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2022 · 2k+ posts · 665 votes
    3y

    Hey James, Middletown native. I think ive seen you around on a few CT FB groups and possibly the state meet-ups. What do you mean? There are many wholesalers in the state doing great deals.Id be happy to connect you with a few. PM Me!

  • Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
    3y

    Hey James,

    Like @Devin Peterson said, there are plenty of great wholesalers doing great things in CT.  The thing about real estate is that all parts of it go in cycles.  Right now, realtors are struggling and a bunch are starting to create property management companies as a result.

    With wholesaling, the market ran up so much that offers on properties for wholesaling was paid at retail prices.  I don't think there has been enough pain in the market for people to reconsider what is an appropriate offer.  For this reason, we have found wholesaling to be tough.

    In this game, it really is a number's game.  You have to get out there as much as possible and make long connections.  I know people that were networking with a person for years before finally getting the contract.  

    Stay encouraged!


  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    2y

     Is spot on. Hence why I asked why I am not running across any quality wholesalers in Connecticut. I hope with interest rates being so high that I can have one or two of them share a deal worth considering...

  • Bill R.Pro Member
    Investor · Branford, CT · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 67 votes
    2y
    Quote from @James McGovern:

    How come there are no effective wholesalers that are hitting it out of the park in Connecticut? Is there something about our market that makes wholesaling more difficult?

    I'm right here......
  • Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bill R.:
    Quote from @James McGovern:

    How come there are no effective wholesalers that are hitting it out of the park in Connecticut? Is there something about our market that makes wholesaling more difficult?

    I'm right here......

     Do you sell your wholesale deals?  I'd be interested in flipping one or more. 

  • Bill R.Pro Member
    Investor · Branford, CT · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 67 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Samuel Eddinger:
    Quote from @Bill R.:
    Quote from @James McGovern:

    How come there are no effective wholesalers that are hitting it out of the park in Connecticut? Is there something about our market that makes wholesaling more difficult?

    I'm right here......

     Do you sell your wholesale deals?  I'd be interested in flipping one or more. 

    @Samuel Eddinger Yes, we do. Send me a message and we'll talk

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.