Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Franks
Votes |
Wholesaling On BP

Ethan Franks
Posted

Hi everyone! I'm a wholesaler based in Wichita, KS and wanted to get a sense from others of the effectiveness of listing assignment deals on the BP listings page. Wondering what the success rate is for other wholesalers there? TIA!

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied

Are there any local FB groups? From the wholesale perspective I have noticed that being the best way to build your list and sell deals

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied
Quote from @Ethan Franks:Local 

Hi everyone! I'm a wholesaler based in Wichita, KS and wanted to get a sense from others of the effectiveness of listing assignment deals on the BP listings page. Wondering what the success rate is for other wholesalers there? TIA!

local groups but why not, put it here only take a minute to post it, BUT PUT ALL INFO, 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Franks
Votes |
Replied

@Caleb Brown and @Bob Stevens, there are a couple active FB groups that I'm a part of. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this for increased visibility, and potentially higher returns. Thank you both for the input!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied
Quote from @Ethan Franks:

@Caleb Brown and @Bob Stevens, there are a couple active FB groups that I'm a part of. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this for increased visibility, and potentially higher returns. Thank you both for the input!

if its a good deal it will be gone in a day. MAKE SURE you know your numbers,,,,,,, I have had people show me FANTASTIC deals, PP 150, rehab, 50k, sell 220, ummm, that's terrible what about CC, CC, realtor, overage on reno, know your numbers. The buyer will know the ARV, so no need to send comps, If the buyer needs comps they should not be doing the deal. I have guys send me comps, all kinds of photos., all a waste, Photos are useless, they show you want they want you to see. All I ever ask for is the ask and address, If they tell me just cosmetic, roof and HVAC, I know the numbers. I actually make an offer,( subject to walk through) just to see if we are in the ballpark, If so I then send one of my guys Entire process is usually under an hour. If we agree, I ask for a contract clsoe in a week or so. If I hear, oh, well I have other showings, I then say, good luck, I will not get into a bidding war, 99% of the time I get the deal.

Last piece of advice, those that tell you " we need two weeks DD period  hang up, they are rookies or just want to shop it and assign it .Any property, any street in my market, I will tell you un 10 seconds or less, The way it should be IF your real,

All the best to you

check back for any other tips :) 

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Irvine, CA
Replied

@Ethan Franks posting a deal on BP is a slow burn...sometimes buyers arise, but it's usually many weeks after you've posted it and they are hobbyist investors.  I'm not saying they aren't legitimate buyers, but the real robust shops don't look on BP (althought they probably should!).  I did sell at least one deal by posting on BP, but that buyer arose many weeks later.  We were able to re-open escrow and close.  Most wholesalers pull a cash buyer list from Propstream, or use InvestorLift to contact buyers.  Or they post on the various private FB groups that are associated with certain mentors/masterminds.  There are also investor FB groups in TX and I'm sure other states.  Of course, some of those people can be wastes of time, i.e. young men who say they are a buyer but just want to try to daisy-chain your deal.  Feel free to him me up if need tips on dispo.

Cash Source Homes Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kasey Blueford
  • Realtor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied

Hey Ethan, love to hearing you are wholesaling in the area. I too am looking to doing some investments in the area. I reside in TX but looking to expand my portfolio in the KS area. If you need assistance in EMD or any additional transactional lending, would love to support. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
William Li
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied

Hi Ethan, 

I am an investor in Wichita. I am buying properties that need some work and keep them as rentals. Lets get connect and do some deals! 

User Stats

Votes
William Li
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied
Quote from @Ethan Franks:

Hello Ethan, 
How is your wholesale business going so far. I am an investor in Wichita. I would love to be on your buyer list if possible.