Using Real Estate Agents, Brokers and Realtor as arbitrage buyers...

Using Real Estate Agents, Brokers and Realtor as arbitrage buyers...

Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 6 votes



How possible is this strategy for finding solid buyers?

Hello, I am new to the Real Estate investing, wholesaling business and I am not sure how possible it would be to use agents or brokers to buy new properties that are off market. From what I know about real estate is that agents are there to facilitate the sale of of the property to the buyer so. If the buyer likes the property then they buy it correct? So what would stop me from finding a property that is off market, negotiating a price from the seller $1-5-10k less than asking price and then try to have an agent find a buyer and cash me out? My profit would be $1-10K and I could then have a more consistent buyer pool that would increase my success rate of sales. Instead of big huge profits, there would be small profit margins but more sales. 

This sounds way too easy of a strategy, im sure I am forgetting something or not understanding the flaw in this strategy. So what are the flaws? Profit margins eaten up by fees? Commissions? Laws? Conflict of interest? 

Any feedback is appreciated. 




0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y

You're in WA and we only operate in FL, otherwise I would offer to help. We have a real estate agency arm that is run by the same person that runs our real estate investment arm, so she represents a lot of wholesalers. Since she has so much experience flipping and building homes herself (she has a formal degree in it), she's very different from most realtors. If you're going to use an agent, they really need to know their stuff...it can't be just any agent. Most of the time, the contracts are assignable, but a lot of MLSs won't allow those to be listed, so you might need to use a short-term bridge to take the deal down if you want it on the MLS instead of listing it with the hopes of doing an "A-B, B-C" close with Transactional Funding. Those can be harder to find (we only do it in FL for now). Back to the agent, they can be very helpful using the MLS to come up with As Repaired Value and talk through issues with the wholesaler to keep them from making big mistakes. We also discount out what we make. We have one wholesaler that is a machine and we might have 15 deals listed for them at once. If you get the right agent and build a strong relationship built on trust and loyalty with one another, they can be your most valuable team member. Good luck with your new venture. I'm sure you'll do very well.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    You're in WA and we only operate in FL, otherwise I would offer to help. We have a real estate agency arm that is run by the same person that runs our real estate investment arm, so she represents a lot of wholesalers. Since she has so much experience flipping and building homes herself (she has a formal degree in it), she's very different from most realtors. If you're going to use an agent, they really need to know their stuff...it can't be just any agent. Most of the time, the contracts are assignable, but a lot of MLSs won't allow those to be listed, so you might need to use a short-term bridge to take the deal down if you want it on the MLS instead of listing it with the hopes of doing an "A-B, B-C" close with Transactional Funding. Those can be harder to find (we only do it in FL for now). Back to the agent, they can be very helpful using the MLS to come up with As Repaired Value and talk through issues with the wholesaler to keep them from making big mistakes. We also discount out what we make. We have one wholesaler that is a machine and we might have 15 deals listed for them at once. If you get the right agent and build a strong relationship built on trust and loyalty with one another, they can be your most valuable team member. Good luck with your new venture. I'm sure you'll do very well.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Doug Eric Gueirn:



    How possible is this strategy for finding solid buyers?

    Hello, I am new to the Real Estate investing, wholesaling business and I am not sure how possible it would be to use agents or brokers to buy new properties that are off market. From what I know about real estate is that agents are there to facilitate the sale of of the property to the buyer so. If the buyer likes the property then they buy it correct? So what would stop me from finding a property that is off market, negotiating a price from the seller $1-5-10k less than asking price and then try to have an agent find a buyer and cash me out? My profit would be $1-10K and I could then have a more consistent buyer pool that would increase my success rate of sales. Instead of big huge profits, there would be small profit margins but more sales. 

    This sounds way too easy of a strategy, im sure I am forgetting something or not understanding the flaw in this strategy. So what are the flaws? Profit margins eaten up by fees? Commissions? Laws? Conflict of interest? 

    Any feedback is appreciated. 





     If its OFF market you do not need or use a realtor, PLEASE stop whatever it is you are doing and connect with those doing deals, LEARN then apply what you learn, BTW, I never use a realtor ( all my deals are OFF market ) I only use them If I  am buying a personal, then all they are good for is to open the door .I do all the work 

    Good luck 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lydia R.:

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 


     You have WAY MORE patients than me, Its such a off the wall/ CRAZY post I just answered like I always do very direct, GOD BLESS your patients LOL 

  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Lydia R.:

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 


     You have WAY MORE patients than me, Its such a off the wall/ CRAZY post I just answered like I always do very direct, GOD BLESS your patients LOL 


     Thanks! I have learned that the majority of the terrible wholesalers out there arent bad on purpose, they are bad because no one has taught them or enlightened them to how the process is supposed to work. They get all their misinformation from gurus promoting their classes and their click bait. So I do what I can to educate. Those who listen and make the necessary changes will go one to actually make some money in real estate. The ones who have no interest in learning how things really work will end up quitting as soon as things get hard. I remember what it was like to be new and have no clue what was going on. Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it! 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lydia R.:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Lydia R.:

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 


     You have WAY MORE patients than me, Its such a off the wall/ CRAZY post I just answered like I always do very direct, GOD BLESS your patients LOL 


     Thanks! I have learned that the majority of the terrible wholesalers out there arent bad on purpose, they are bad because no one has taught them or enlightened them to how the process is supposed to work. They get all their misinformation from gurus promoting their classes and their click bait. So I do what I can to educate. Those who listen and make the necessary changes will go one to actually make some money in real estate. The ones who have no interest in learning how things really work will end up quitting as soon as things get hard. I remember what it was like to be new and have no clue what was going on. Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it! 


     Most of them find a deal from a wholesaler. They then make up their own marketing " flyer" mark it up and do a mass email blast and call themselves a wholesaler.  When I ask them, do you have the contract directly with the owner, 99% of them say the same thing my " partner" has it. Other words they know nothing about the property and have no clue who the owners are . .I have had these clowns try and sell me my own property, YES MY OWN. 

    All the best 

  • Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lydia R.:

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 


     I had a feeling that that idea wouldn't work somehow. I am looking for ways to find a way to sell my property finds in a quick and easy way. I find good deals but I don't have any buyers that I can offload my PSAs to. 

  • Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lydia R.:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Lydia R.:

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 


     You have WAY MORE patients than me, Its such a off the wall/ CRAZY post I just answered like I always do very direct, GOD BLESS your patients LOL 


     Thanks! I have learned that the majority of the terrible wholesalers out there arent bad on purpose, they are bad because no one has taught them or enlightened them to how the process is supposed to work. They get all their misinformation from gurus promoting their classes and their click bait. So I do what I can to educate. Those who listen and make the necessary changes will go one to actually make some money in real estate. The ones who have no interest in learning how things really work will end up quitting as soon as things get hard. I remember what it was like to be new and have no clue what was going on. Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it! 


     I am not afraid to admit that I don't know anything about real estate except what I learn through Youtube videos. I take what gurus say with a grain of salt because I know that all they are doing is upselling their classes and merch. There is nothing more irritating than than watching a video and the first 30 min is them inserting a sales pitch before they even get to the information. I just want the information! but at the same time, you can still learn things if you know what to listen for. 

    Ive done a lot of garage sale, thrift store arbitrage where you find a thing for cheap and sell it for a couple of dollars more than you bought it for so I thought that I could apply the same strategy to real estate but turns out that the fees and commissions eat up the profit so it doesn't work the same. 

    anyway, thanks for taking time to answer my question. 


  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Doug Eric Gueirn:
    Quote from @Lydia R.:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Lydia R.:

    There is definitely a flaw you might not be aware of. Let me first be clear on what you are proposing. You want to find retail properties before they become on market retail properties. Negotiate a retail purchase price minus a small $1,000-$10,000 fee and then enlist a real estate agent to bring a retail buyer and then collect your fee at closing. Do I have that right? The biggest flaw here is that these retail end buyers are getting bank loans. Banks do not pay wholesale fees. Ever. And there are a lot of moving pieces in a retail deal--lender ordered appraisal, buyer inspections, renegotiations etc that would really get in the way of your position. 

    The reason wholesale deals work is because our end buyers are using cash or hard money to buy the properties. Hard money lenders dont care about paying a wholesale fee. There is no renegotiation of terms or the buyer coming back to ask the seller to make repairs. The value proposition wholesalers offer is that they have done the hard work so the end buyer can sit at their desk and cherry pick the deals that meet their criteria. Buyers dont have to do the marketing and the property walk throughs and the back and forth negotiations. Wholesalers do the hard, tedious work and buyers reap the benefits. And we get paid a fee as the result. What you are proposing is not feasible. And there is no value add. Who is really benefiting? Not the seller because they are losing money to pay you and the agent. No the buyer because they arent buying at a discount they are paying retail. Not the agent because they are doing the same amount of work for less money because you are in the middle. What you are describing just makes a retail deal unnecessarily complicated. And if your response to this is, well what if I just did this with off market distressed properties...well thats what wholesaling is. Except instead of finding your own end buyer, you are bringing in a real estate agent to find that end buyer instead. Which is possible, but again now you are either paying the agent out of your fee or the end buyer has to pay the agent which eats into their profit margin on the deal. Dont get me wrong, it is possible to work with agents on wholesale deals. I had a deal close recently where the agent actually responded to my marketing and said she had a client who would be interested. I made it clear any and all agent fees would need to be paid by the end buyer and the end buyer agreed. It was a win win for everyone. But the deal was off market, definitely not in a retail condition and the buyer was paying cash. 

    So yes, agents and wholesalers CAN work together and have win-win outcomes. But not in the way you have outlined in your post. 


     You have WAY MORE patients than me, Its such a off the wall/ CRAZY post I just answered like I always do very direct, GOD BLESS your patients LOL 


     Thanks! I have learned that the majority of the terrible wholesalers out there arent bad on purpose, they are bad because no one has taught them or enlightened them to how the process is supposed to work. They get all their misinformation from gurus promoting their classes and their click bait. So I do what I can to educate. Those who listen and make the necessary changes will go one to actually make some money in real estate. The ones who have no interest in learning how things really work will end up quitting as soon as things get hard. I remember what it was like to be new and have no clue what was going on. Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it! 


     I am not afraid to admit that I don't know anything about real estate except what I learn through Youtube videos. I take what gurus say with a grain of salt because I know that all they are doing is upselling their classes and merch. There is nothing more irritating than than watching a video and the first 30 min is them inserting a sales pitch before they even get to the information. I just want the information! but at the same time, you can still learn things if you know what to listen for. 

    Ive done a lot of garage sale, thrift store arbitrage where you find a thing for cheap and sell it for a couple of dollars more than you bought it for so I thought that I could apply the same strategy to real estate but turns out that the fees and commissions eat up the profit so it doesn't work the same. 

    anyway, thanks for taking time to answer my question. 



    Glad you know enough to take what the gurus say with plenty of salt. The difference between buying and reselling items at a garage sale and doing the same with real estate is that you have to actually buy the garage sale items. I have a neighbor who buys furniture at garages sales, cleans it up, paints it and adds modern hardware to make it look better. Then they resell it. I guess thats the equivalent of flipping a house. But to your point, it can be done with real estate. Its called wholetailing. Its a strategy I have used many times and to great profit. The wholesaler purchases the property and it works with either a crappy house that needs work or a nice pretty house that can be bought at a substantial discount. Wholesaler uses their own funds or gets a hard money loan to purchase the property instead of assigning it to an end buyer. The day after closing, wholesaler gets the property listed for sale on the open market at a substantially higher price. This strategy is most effective (ie: profitable) when A) the property is in retail condition and can be sold to a conventional buyer. B) the property is a good enough deal that MLS exposure will bring in higher offers than you could get selling off market to investors.

    I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, just pointing out the reasons your idea wouldn't work. After you have some transactions under your belt it will make sense to you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.