Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Smarter Contact (SMS Marketing APP)

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted

Whats up BP! My team has been using Smarter Contact for just over a month now. So far we've enjoyed using the platform. The only issue we've had is with their team (communication wise), which is almost entirely located in Ukraine. Anyways, I'm interested to know if anyone else out there, especially in the South FL area uses Smarter Contact as well. Furthermore, what has been your results as far as Delivery %, Response %. We feel like were doing decent, but we know we can get better results! Right now we use the "opt-out" language but we will more than likely be upgrading to take that out. So that should help with response %, but does anyone have an idea how much that will help? We've have about a 20% response rate and our delivery rate sits around 95%. We have multiple campaigns and templates but not to many as we want to be able to focus in and see what is working and what isn't. The last thing we want to do is try everything and spread ourselves to thin, you know what I mean. Also, if anyone has a favorite Skip Tracing platform and reason why its their favorite, definitely would like to know more as we've used many! The problem is, you pay to skip trace, then the numbers have to be verified through the SMS APP and so far, at least for us- we lose about 35% of contacts after skip tracing, apparently because they aren't "verified". To summarize, if anyone out there has any advice and even better would be happy to talk and collab that would be great! Would love to hear what has and hasn't worked for others!

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied

Look into a skip tracing company without a long-term, high-priced monthly commitment, and flexible pricing that returns, landline numbers, wireless numbers, and emails, all sorted and identified. This is key to keeping your costs down. Skip tracing is not a fail-proof exact science, but this will all help. If you have any questions or would like a referral link for skip tracing, let me know.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Regarding Smarter Contact.....
Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Atkinson
  • Investor
  • Athens, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Athens, GA
Replied

How did Smarter Contact work out for you in the long term?  I have call scheduled call with them because they cold reached out to me. I am an agent and investor.  Do you even still use this service to do outreach? 

User Stats

Votes
Albert Nichols
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied
Quote from @Ethan Atkinson:

How did Smarter Contact work out for you in the long term?  I have call scheduled call with them because they cold reached out to me. I am an agent and investor.  Do you even still use this service to do outreach? 

I've been using Smarter Contact for 2 years now, and it was a big of a struggle at first. Frankly I considered cancelling within my first 3 months, but from my own frustration I realized it was to my own fault and not due to lack of customer support. I simply wasn't as committed to making it work for me in the beginning as I should've been. However, they let us know that they've hired a skilled team of developers and started working on the platform. The first thing we noticed overnight was the platform's speed, which increased drastically, as well as the new customer support who were checking on us consistently (which was a new thing), so things were turning out for the best, and we were making 1-2 deals a month out of that. 6 months ago, 10 DLC was getting approved in 3-5 days instead of +10, and we upgraded to the managed plans, and had a person manage our accounts, and were able to get to 3-5 deals. I'm happy that we were able to witness SC's growth, and mine at the same time.