Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Alex Perez
Pro Member
Votes |
Furnishing 3 unit midterm rental, Mixing house hack and midterm rental

Alex Perez
Pro Member
Posted

Hi all,

I am closing on my first deal 7/1/24, it's a duplex up-down 2b/1b units with a single garage. I am looking to move into the top unit occupying 1 bed, and looking to furnish the other 3 bedrooms and purpose sharing the one bathroom, with a midterm tenants. I am 5 miles from 2 major hospitals in the St.Paul MN area. My concern is that I invest in furnishing the 3 bedroom and 2 living rooms and that I go to cheap or to expensive. And the furniture needs to be changed out because it isn't comfortable or something like that. Any recommendations on sourcing quality furniture, with that what amenities are good to have with a fenced in back yard?

The numbers also work for the this to be a long term tenant in the down stairs unit to cover part of the mortgage. 

All input is greatly appreciated!!

Loading replies...