Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Selle
Pro Member
  • Camp Hill, PA
Votes |
Medium-Term Rental Insurance - Keep Prosper or Switch to Another Company

Sarah Selle
Pro Member
  • Camp Hill, PA
Posted

I own a medium term (30+day) rental in Pennsylvania. A few months ago, I switched my insurance to Proper, as it seemed to offer the best coverage. After signing up, they then reached out about requiring an electrical and plumbing inspection. One of the requirements was no cloth wiring. The electrician that inspected explained to me that there was some cloth wiring present, but it was all grounded, making it safe. No reason to replace. Unfortunately, Prosper is refusing to cover without remedying the situation (at least a $1k in materials plus labor).

I always want to fix any problems within my rental if they arise, but I don't want to replace something that is perfectly safe just to fit a policy. I am looking into possibilities to remedy as well as getting quotes from other insurance companies. Does anyone have any insight on whether other insurance companies will insure with cloth wiring or companies that offer good coverage?

My goal is to offer a safe rental, with good comprehensive coverage so I don't leave my home vulnerable. I appreciate your thoughts in advance!

Loading replies...