Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
House Hacking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Noelle Mastelotto
Pro Member
Votes |
Moving to a New (Midwest) Market

Noelle Mastelotto
Pro Member
Posted

Hi BP community!

My husband, myself and my four pups are selling our house in Austin metro area and looking to move to a new more affordable market. We've done a few live in flips and are hoping to get into our first house hack cus we're sick of moving so often. Duplex with dogs isn't quite ideal but we're willing to do what we need to do to get closer to financial freedom! Also open to SF BRRR but don't have a lot of cash on hand for renovations this time. We're going to do a midterm rental in Toledo Ohio and explore a few cities. Husband works remote and I'm a hairdresser so I'll need to settle in somewhere and build clients. We're moving with some debt and a small nest egg.

Heres our short list. Hoping maybe someone has some insight if these are good options or maybe we’re missing some other cities! We’re sick of the heat and want to live somewhere with 4 seasons!

Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Detroit, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland/Akron. 

Loading replies...