Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
House Hacking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Gloria McDonald
Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Todd Holman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Replied

The MLS is very good and Zillow

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Swain
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

Hey @Gloria McDonald

Welcome! I'm not sure if you're house hacking, but commonly suggested marketing sites for long term rentals are zillow, apartments.com, and Facebook.

If you're interested in doing short term rentals Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com, and Furnished Finder.

I hope this helps!

-Ant

BiggerPockets logo
Time to Refi? Get the Best Loan
|
BiggerPockets
Lender Finder helps secure the best loan for your strategy. Easily connect with top investor-friendly lenders now to lock in lowered rates. 🔒

User Stats

Votes
Gregory Schwartz
Agent
  • Rental Property Investor
  • College Station, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Rental Property Investor
  • College Station, TX
Replied

Not sure if its the same in Tampa but there are some great Facebook groups here in my local area. I would highly recommend FB marketplace and also joining local FB real estate, rental, and leasing groups. 

Good luck

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied

@Gloria McDonald

To advertise your space, use top websites like Zillow, Trulia, Apartments.com, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, HotPads, Rent.com, and Realtor.com. These sites help you post rentals, manage ads, and find good tenants. Craigslist lets you list rentals for free or cheap. Rent.com offers ways to manage ads and attract renters. Realtor.com shows your rental to more people. Local real estate sites and word of mouth work too. Use clear, sharp photos and write detailed ads. Update your ads often to keep them fresh and true.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Amber Stout
  • Lender
  • Tampa/Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa/Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied

Hi Gloria! I usually post my rentals to Zillow and Facebook marketplace. Keep in mind with Facebook marketplace you may need to go through a lot more inquiries however I've found quality residents through marketplace. I've been self managing for years and have got a solid process down for finding the right resident. let me know if you need any further help! :)

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Kwan
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied

Yes you can use zillow/apartments.com/Craiglist, but the most success i have personally would be FB Market place. It can be time consuming because there are spammers/fake leads that could waste your time, but if you're willing to put in the time and filter those bad leads, the chances of you renting your place out will be high.

@Carlos Valencia @Albert Bui