Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Market Trends & Data
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Alan Asriants
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
2025 Phila Tax Assessment - Large increases coming

Alan Asriants
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted

In 2023, we saw the city of Philadelphia conduct new tax assessments and increase taxes all across the board. This outraged a lot of homeowners, but the city is looking to conduct another reassessment for 2025.

The 2023 tax hikes will seem small in comparison to what is coming in 2025. While some neighborhoods are actually seeing a decline in tax assessment values, many will see an increase and even more than what the properties are worth.

To give you some perspective on what those tax increases can look like here are some examples of the changes based on some of my properties that I own in the city:

$4096 -> $5522 (+1426)

$3850 -> $5516 (+1666)

$3835 -> $6283 (+2448)

These are only some examples, but all of the properties that I own have increased in its tax assessed value, therefore drastically increasing the taxes per year and decreasing annual cash flow.

While tax assessments are normal it seems that this is a very drastic effort to recuperate losses. It's possible that this increase can prevent a lot of people from buying and might even force others to sell.

Do not wait for your taxes to increase. Instead you can try to APPEAL your taxes using the form below:

https://www.phila.gov/media/20240327122414/BRT-Market-Value-Appeal-Form-2025.pdf

The deadline is OCT 7TH 2024!

• Real Estate Agent New Jersey (#2323863) and Pennsylvania (#RS3399189)

• 267-767-0111
  • [email protected]
Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate  Logo

Loading replies...