Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Market Trends & Data
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jake Knight
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
Indianapolis Market Update

Jake Knight
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Posted Feb 9 2024, 06:26

The rental market in Central Indiana is officially on fire.

After a slow November/December, January began with a bang and continued into February.

We're leasing at an impressive rate right now, which is great news for both our Leasing Team and our Owners.

If your home is sitting and not getting activity, it's time to reconsider things... price being the most powerful lever to pull.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lopez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Replied Apr 22 2024, 16:37

I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Replied Apr 23 2024, 09:03
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

Hey @Ryan Lopez Columbus OH has boomed in recent years offering a strong real estate market! Whether you target A, B & C class neighborhoods for cash flow or explore up-and-coming areas for long-term appreciation, the city has something for every investor. I'd be happy to connect if you wish to know more.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lopez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Replied Apr 23 2024, 09:33
Quote from @Simon Ashbaugh:
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Hey @Ryan Lopez Columbus OH has boomed in recent years offering a strong real estate market! Whether you target A, B & C class neighborhoods for cash flow or explore up-and-coming areas for long-term appreciation, the city has something for every investor. I'd be happy to connect if you wish to know more.

That would be great Simon. I look forward to talking to you more about Columbus. 

User Stats

Votes
Jake Knight
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Replied Apr 23 2024, 11:29
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for your response.  There are a lot of areas to invest and it will really just depend on what your investment goals are or your buy box. If you're looking for cash flow, Anderson is a good market for that.  If you're looking local to Indy, you may check out Bean Creek area, Garfield Park, Christian Park, Riverside to name a few.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 11 2024, 14:20

Hey @Jake Knight, I just posted on the Indy forum here but then also read this post after. Would love to connect as I keep tabs on the Indy market!

I'm invested in the University Heights area, and from looking at the market, I don't see a whole lot of activity happening in the area in 2024. Zillow shows only a 1 sale this year in the neighborhood, and not a lot of homes for sale in the general area. Curious if you have thoughts on why that is? Any outlook on the future of that area?

User Stats

Votes
Denise M. Tschida
Pro Member
  • Fontana, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fontana, CA
Replied Jun 1 2024, 19:06

I am looking to buy new homes around 250K as rentals.  What are some areas to purchase in that have good school districts and will invite long term tenants.  I do not want property in an area that has a yearly turn over.  Ideally I would like to see 3 years or more....

User Stats

Votes
Denise M. Tschida
Pro Member
  • Fontana, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fontana, CA
Replied Jun 1 2024, 19:07
Quote from @Jake Knight:
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for your response.  There are a lot of areas to invest and it will really just depend on what your investment goals are or your buy box. If you're looking for cash flow, Anderson is a good market for that.  If you're looking local to Indy, you may check out Bean Creek area, Garfield Park, Christian Park, Riverside to name a few.

I will look into these areas. Looking for good cash flow and long term tenants.

User Stats

Votes
Jake Knight
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Replied Jun 3 2024, 07:21
Quote from @Denise M. Tschida:
Quote from @Jake Knight:
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Hey Ryan,

I will look into these areas. Looking for good cash flow and long term tenants.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have questions or if you want an opinion on an area or property.  Happy hunting!