I'm new investor in the North Carolina area

I'm new investor in the North Carolina area

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 4 votes

Hi my name is Christian I'm a  new investor looking to invest in the North Carolina area. I lived in Indianapolis I would like to move some day to North Carolina any recommendations of the best cities to invest or zip codes. I would like to understand more the North Carolina market and their trends. Looking forward to connect and I'm offering my help as well to anybody that need it.

4Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2022 · 213 posts · 293 votes
3y
Quote from @Christian Chamboneth:

Hi my name is Christian I'm a  new investor looking to invest in the North Carolina area. I lived in Indianapolis I would like to move some day to North Carolina any recommendations of the best cities to invest or zip codes. I would like to understand more the North Carolina market and their trends. Looking forward to connect and I'm offering my help as well to anybody that need it.


Hey Christian, thanks for posting! I would encourage you to check out some of my posts on Market Data in NC, I have some of the most popular areas in NC broken down in easy to digest data. Including Asheville, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Raleigh, and more. I am consistently doing this type of research in NC, and continue to make new posts every couple of days. 

I would love to connect with you, and see if I could be a resource for you. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Here's a post I did for a more general look at NC, instead of individual market breakdowns. Love to get some feedback from you!

My best,

Jared Trindade

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Christian Chamboneth:

    Hi my name is Christian I'm a  new investor looking to invest in the North Carolina area. I lived in Indianapolis I would like to move some day to North Carolina any recommendations of the best cities to invest or zip codes. I would like to understand more the North Carolina market and their trends. Looking forward to connect and I'm offering my help as well to anybody that need it.


     Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums!

    I don't have personal experience, but I hear Charlotte is the fastest growing and has strong rent rates. Greensboro, Durham, and Raleigh are also mentioned.

    I wouldn't dismiss smaller towns. There may be fewer opportunities, but also less competition. The real key is finding a good property manager first. It doesn't matter how good the deal is if you can't find someone to manage it well.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Tyler LingleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
    3y

    A lot of people mention this on BP but I think this philosophy resonates most with me. The most important factor in your success is likely not macroeconomic trends, although of course those are important. It's the people side of the business. Where can you develop a team the quickest? Where can you make connections quicker, in order to start seeing deals sooner? Where can you get market expertise? The deals *in any city* flow quickest to the most connected. 

    All the best!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2022 · 213 posts · 293 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Christian Chamboneth:

    Hi my name is Christian I'm a  new investor looking to invest in the North Carolina area. I lived in Indianapolis I would like to move some day to North Carolina any recommendations of the best cities to invest or zip codes. I would like to understand more the North Carolina market and their trends. Looking forward to connect and I'm offering my help as well to anybody that need it.


    Hey Christian, thanks for posting! I would encourage you to check out some of my posts on Market Data in NC, I have some of the most popular areas in NC broken down in easy to digest data. Including Asheville, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Raleigh, and more. I am consistently doing this type of research in NC, and continue to make new posts every couple of days. 

    I would love to connect with you, and see if I could be a resource for you. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Here's a post I did for a more general look at NC, instead of individual market breakdowns. Love to get some feedback from you!

    My best,

    Jared Trindade

  • Pat LulewiczBusiness Member
    Realtor · Raleigh NC and Greensboro, NC · Member since 2019 · 391 posts · 392 votes
    3y

    I always stress that people decide on the type of life they want and not necessarily "hot" zip codes. If you hate where you live but the investment properties are great there, is it really worth it in the grand scheme? You can usually live in a favorable location for your lifestyle and either commute to a property or hire folks to do all of the heavy lifting for you. Happy to connect to learn your personal preference and goals, as well as the professional/RE ones, and help guide you towards a location that would be conducive for both aspects.

  • Cory J ThorntonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 281 votes
    3y

    @Christian Chamboneth - You've already received some great feedback on this post. I'll try not to be redundant. 

    - To benefit from the growth of the high population growth markets / big job growth areas, you don't always need to be in the same zip code, you just need to be within a reasonable commute. My wife an I try to focus our long term rentals in towns within a 30 - 45 minute drive to Raleigh. So far, this has worked well for us, allowing us opportunities to buy cash flowing properties with appreciation potential.  

    - NC has a lot to offer from the beach to the mountains. If you have a preference for what kind of area you would want to live, then the chances are you can locate a city with good growth and some investment opportunities in that area. 

    I own a property management company located north of Raleigh. If you end up choosing a market in the Raleigh area, please keep me in mind. 

    Best of luck on your investing in NC endeavor ... keep us all posted once you narrow down where you would like to invest. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 62 votes
    3y

    Hey @Christian Chamboneth, North Carolina is a great place to invest.  What type of market would you want to move to?  You should spend some time and take a few trips to NC to see all that this state has to offer.  Good luck, I'd be happy to chat anytime!

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    3y

    Start networking with BP members in NC

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2022 · 112 posts · 71 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Christian Chamboneth:

    Hi my name is Christian I'm a  new investor looking to invest in the North Carolina area. I lived in Indianapolis I would like to move some day to North Carolina any recommendations of the best cities to invest or zip codes. I would like to understand more the North Carolina market and their trends. Looking forward to connect and I'm offering my help as well to anybody that need it.


     HI Christian,

    NC is a great area to invest and ever growing so you picked a great place for it.

    There are a few great cities that come to mind:

    - Charlotte, NC
    - Raleigh, NC
    - Chapel Hill, NC
    - Ashville, NC
    - Emerald Isle, NC

    I have lived in NC for 29 years and always happy to chat. Feel free to DM me to connect and hope the hunt goes well.

    Best,
    Ace

  • Samara HuntleyPro Member
    Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 124 posts · 189 votes
    2y

    Hey Christian, 

    I am a born and raised Charlottean and having great success for my investors and I In the Submarkets of Charlotte. Where there is still meat on the bone so to speak. Gastonia, Kannapolis, Concord, Monroe, indian trail etc. are some of the hottest fastest growing suburbs where there is still room to get a "deal". 

    Would love to be a resource, feel free to reach out with any questions at all. I'm a licensed general contractor as well so anything construction related as well give me a shout!

  • Member since 2024 · 50 posts · 36 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ace Kaspar:
    Quote from @Christian Chamboneth:

    Hi my name is Christian I'm a  new investor looking to invest in the North Carolina area. I lived in Indianapolis I would like to move some day to North Carolina any recommendations of the best cities to invest or zip codes. I would like to understand more the North Carolina market and their trends. Looking forward to connect and I'm offering my help as well to anybody that need it.


     HI Christian,

    NC is a great area to invest and ever growing so you picked a great place for it.

    There are a few great cities that come to mind:

    - Charlotte, NC
    - Raleigh, NC
    - Chapel Hill, NC
    - Ashville, NC
    - Emerald Isle, NC

    I have lived in NC for 29 years and always happy to chat. Feel free to DM me to connect and hope the hunt goes well.

    Best,
    Ace


     Hello! 

    I just saw this post from a couple years ago. We are considering starting out OOS investing journey in NC. I'd love to pick your brain and chat if you're open to that! I'll send you a DM too. 

  • Member since 2024 · 50 posts · 36 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Samara Huntley:

    Hey Christian, 

    I am a born and raised Charlottean and having great success for my investors and I In the Submarkets of Charlotte. Where there is still meat on the bone so to speak. Gastonia, Kannapolis, Concord, Monroe, indian trail etc. are some of the hottest fastest growing suburbs where there is still room to get a "deal". 

    Would love to be a resource, feel free to reach out with any questions at all. I'm a licensed general contractor as well so anything construction related as well give me a shout!


     Hello! I just came across this post and am looking to start my investing journey in NC. I'd love to chat!! I'll send you a DM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.