Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Online schools for Real Estate License?

Posted

Hi, I quit my job in Law Enforcement and decided to move to Florida for my family. I’m now working a 12 hour-per-day job and am looking to get my Real Estate license in Florida. Due to my circumstances of working long hours, I’m not able to go to live courses and need help finding an accredited online academy that I can join to get my license. I see many sites pop up on my search engine like Colibri, Aceable Agent, and many more. I’m scared to invest my money without knowing which of these could actually get me to becoming a realtor. Anyone, please help.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Bartomeo
Property Manager
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Replied

Home - Larson Educational Services

I have used them for years and always recommend agents to work with them. Absolutely fantastic.

User Stats

Votes
Richard F.#1 Tenant Screening Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
Richard F.#1 Tenant Screening Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied
Aloha,

Check your State RE Licensing site for a list of approved local courses, many of them are likely available online. There is also the theceshop.com which most states also use for CE, they may have basic courses for your state as well.
BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#4 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#4 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied

I used Aceable. I took the courses at my own pace and was the cheapest option. 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied

Lots of people like CE Shop and Aceable.  Some states have authorized providers listed and their pass rates, although I don't know that tells 100% of the story.  Basically the same info from all providers, so may depend more on the student than the actually classes.  I'm guessing in person training also has higher pass rate than online.

We have a free option thru Kaplan right now with Keller Williams.  All self paced, basically you read the info, take the tests.  It's not for everyone, but free to try and see if it works for you.

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied

First I would tell you, find a broker you would like to worth with. You can get do a course for cheap or free. If you don't have a broker in mind, you can always do it on your own. I did it through Gold Coast and I passed the FL exam on the first try. The "Plus" online program for $365 is good enough. No need to pay for the more expensive programs. Good luck!

https://goldcoastschools.com/c...