Zillow/Trulia: Seller Agent / Buyers agent

Zillow/Trulia: Seller Agent / Buyers agent

Investor · Member since 2020 · 56 posts · 36 votes

Hi everyone, I am starting to look for a property to buy, in these first steps, I am trying trough Zillow, Trulia, etc... Some questions:

When I choose the option in Zillow to contact the agent, they connect me with some of their Premier Agents, do I must take a buyer agent or I can contact directly the sellers agent?

Appreciate!!!

0Reply
26 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Madison, WI · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Fridrij I'm a real estate broker, investor, and also a Zillow Premier Agent. When you contact through Zillow, they'll assign you to one of the Premier Agents that advertise in that zip code. This is random so you'll probably get a different buyer's agent every time you make the request for info. If it's important to you to speak with the listing agent directly, scroll down to the "Overview" section and the listing agent's name and brokerage will be listed there but with no contact information. You can google their name and find their phone number and email on some other site and contact them directly.

    You certainly don't have to work with a buyer's agent, but it does have it's benefits especially if you're not buying local. The listing agent represents the seller and typically isn't going to be able to advise in your best interest. Also, in most markets, buyers do not pay commissions so there really isn't any cost to you to use a buyer's agent. If you are going to use a buyer's agent though, I would recommend interviewing agents who are investor-friendly and have a track record of working with investors. Most agents don't have much experience with investment properties.

    Any other questions, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

  • Property Manager · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Another thing to keep in mind is that until you sign a Buyer Representation Agreement with an agent, they are NOT your Buyer's Agent and do NOT have to look out for your best interest. If you do want representation then interview a few agents, select one to work with exclusively, and then sign a Buyer Representation Agreement.

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 56 posts · 36 votes
    4y

    @Jack C. Cheng I really really appreciate your response. Very professional and detailed.

    @Joe Norman thanks for the clarification. An important DETAIL (not so detail).

    Thank you guys!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.