Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Managing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Adria T.
Votes |
OWNERS Feedback On Property Management? ( MINI- FOCUS GROUP)

Adria T.
Posted

Hello, 

I have been the VP of Operations, Director of Operations, Condo Division Manager and Property Manager for some of the largest companies in my area. Including smaller brokerages that I personally have grown to new heights! Years later I am now branching out with my own company. 

Through the years I have always asked my owners, "What do you want most?" and "What is the thing that you wish your management would do - that they don't?" Questions like this and I have tailored pricing etc. etc. based on that feedback. 

If you are a seasoned investor or even a single family home owner who has or "used to" use a property management company for your investments - I would love to have your feedback? Things change regularly and I would truly be interested in hearing from investors "everywhere". 

What makes you "love" your property management company? What made you stop using a company? Is pricing more important or service? What technologies do you love? Do you like "full service" meaning - someone to partner with you to not only manage but, help you to buy and sell? What about maintenance, rehabbing etc.? What is your "perfect scenario" -- appreciate it! 

These questions are specifically in reference to Single Family Homes, Luxury, Duplex Rentals, Small Multi-Family 6 to 12 units and Long Term Corporates/Company Rentals - we do not do Short Term or Month-to-Month Rentals.

User Stats

Votes
Peter Mckernan
Agent
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Replied

@Adria T. the PM company has to communicate, get a tenant in quickly and be able to handle items that are unforeseen.. Like an asset manager.  

The McKernan Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Adria T.
Votes |
Replied

Thanks I was looking for more detailed "experiences" -- but, appreciate the feedback none-the-less! :) 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied

@Adria T.
"Full-service property managers" or Turnkey providers aren't really a thing in Columbus because if you want a deal that makes sense you need to source it yourself off-market to add value and provide it to clients. There are wholesale deals from time to time, but the best ones are not typically sitting around on Facebook. I would focus more on being a PM and providing a better service than becoming a turnkey provider/full-service PM. 

User Stats

Votes
Adria T.
Votes |
Replied

Patrick -- I've been the director of Operations and also VP for two "Full -Service" property management companies right here in Columbus, Ohio? LOL - So, not sure what you mean but it's not a "thing" in Columbus - and not sure what are you speaking about regarding Facebook?? I was asking for owners feedback on their experience with other property managers, but thanks for your post! :)