Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Managing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Xavier Arroyo
Votes |
New Property Managment Company Fees.

Xavier Arroyo
Posted

HI! We are creating new property management In Waco, Texas, and need some ideas or advice on what we should charge for "Lease up," late fees, and pet fees.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Pendley
Agent
  • Investor
  • Waco, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Investor
  • Waco, TX
Replied

I would be careful discussing fees. TREC takes its anti-trust violations and price-fixing rules pretty seriously. Additionally remember, in Texas Property Management is a service you need to have a Texas Real Estate License for and all of the business needs to be conducted in the Brokers name. The biggest part of that is that the trust account needs to be in the Brokers name. I am in Waco as well, feel free to reach out and I will help you how ever I can. 

Here is a link to some FAQs 

https://www.trec.texas.gov/taxonomy/faq-category/property-ma...

User Stats

Votes
Michael Smythe
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Replied

Just shop the competition and go from there.

Be careful of thinking you can undercut everyone - they probably know more than you do about what it costs to stay in business.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.