Tenant negotaiting $3 rent. Would you give her discount

Tenant negotaiting $3 rent. Would you give her discount

Member since 2021 · 199 posts · 42 votes

New rent I offer her for lease extention is $1633. She ask for $1630. Market rent is $1750

Should I agree or should I say not to $3 discount she ask for.

I just find annoying and time consuming deal with such painful tenant . Am I wrong?

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
3y

Hello Tina! It seems like you're considering a renewal, which suggests that these tenants have been responsible and reliable. In my experience,it's often wise to accept the situation and move forward. Over time, I've realized the importance of choosing battles wisely. Here's wishing you luck and success in your investing journey!

RentWerx Property Management4.73300 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    3y

    Hello Tina! It seems like you're considering a renewal, which suggests that these tenants have been responsible and reliable. In my experience,it's often wise to accept the situation and move forward. Over time, I've realized the importance of choosing battles wisely. Here's wishing you luck and success in your investing journey!

    RentWerx Property Management4.73300 Reviews
  • Rockaway, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    $3 per month is not even worth thinking about. Just round down and call it a day. It'll give them a "win" in their eyes.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tina Lee:

    I don't think they are trying to save $3 so they can afford another cup of coffee. I think they want a round number that's easy to remember.

    Her request sounds petty to you, but your request sounds petty to us. Just drop the $3 and be done with it. It's not enough to bother with.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.