It helps other Industries, would it help REIs close more deals?

It helps other Industries, would it help REIs close more deals?

Property Manager · Queens, NYC · Member since 2016 · 110 posts · 58 votes

Thinking about my "day job" here and how to apply it to REI.

Deals are made and lost on whether or not the people you are working with find you credible.  Whether they believe you can solve the problem the way you say you can.

And as a marketing coach/agency owner I help people build platform and authority.  

They build authority because it is proven to increase sales.

People with authority and platform get more leads, negotiate better deals, find investors, get free publicity and earn more money than their peers.

I have seen this done with realtors and of course, there are the "gurus" who use this method.

But I was thinking, why can't investors use this in their local market?


We do not ONLY deal with brokers, realtors and other professional investors. In fact, we often are dealing with average, every day, hard-working people.  Those people respond like any other consumer to the certain triggers.  Often they trust 3rd party validation.

Here is what I am thinking of putting together.  

Do you think this would be worth it?

Get a group of 10-20 investors and turn them all into:

1) A Best-selling Author

2) Seen in Major Media

3) Featured in Documentary

The concept being this:

-When meeting with a buyer or seller, they hand them a copy of their best-selling book with their picture on the cover!

-They make reference to the fact they have been featured in major media and in a documentary

-Tell them they should check out chapter 3 (or whichever is theirs) later for more information for what they are talking about. 

By doing this in the middle of the negotiation, this increases trust factor, which we know is everything. They know you have 3rd party validation and many will see you as a "big deal".

How I would do it:

-In the book there would be 1 chapter written by multiple investors for a particular market.  

-I would turn it into a best-selling book, so they each become a best-selling author (I have done this many times and it is guaranteed).  

-I would then use our marketing agency to get guaranteed media coverage on ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW etc affiliate news station websites nationwide

-Each investor would come to the studio where a professional (ex news caster) would interview them

-The documentary would be edited and put on Amazon Video

I have all the resources to make it happen and have used them for people in other industries.

Do you think the average investor would do this?

I am thinking it would cost 3-5k per investor to cover expenses. As a result they get to forever say "As Seen On: ABC etc" and be titled as a best-selling author.

I am not questioning whether this is worth it or of value, I know for a fact it is and no one could convince me otherwise.

I am just curious if BP thinks this is the kind of thing most investors would have a desire to do or should I just stick to the markets I know love it?

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    7y

    @Maurice W. Evans This is very interesting and something I believe many investors would jump at. Personal preference and style would come into play but I think you could find 5 investors from one city to do this for sure. I do feel that REI gives you the opportunity to achieve wealth without fame or celebrity, which is fantastic and highly appealing to many. Wealth means different things to different people but if you had the credentials to make this sort of thing happen then people would definitely be interested. You could also sell this documentary to HGTV.

  • Property Manager · Queens, NYC · Member since 2016 · 110 posts · 58 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joseph Firmin:

    @Maurice W. Evans This is very interesting and something I believe many investors would jump at. Personal preference and style would come into play but I think you could find 5 investors from one city to do this for sure. I do feel that REI gives you the opportunity to achieve wealth without fame or celebrity, which is fantastic and highly appealing to many. Wealth means different things to different people but if you had the credentials to make this sort of thing happen then people would definitely be interested. You could also sell this documentary to HGTV.

    Thanks.

    5 would definitely be enough.  Maybe a metro region if a city isn't large enough - or do a state or even a national one. 

    I agree on REI not needing fame or celebrity. However, I also know the psychology of buyers and they will definitely respond positively to offers from the person whose brand positions them as the "go-to" (whether real or perceived) in their industry.

    I definitely have the background, history and resources to guarantee best-seller status, major media features and biography production.

    Great idea on HGTV.  I can see in the future it growing to something like that. One of the lesser-known dirty secrets is most reality show airtime (on HG and others) are paid for by the producers to the network (rather than the other way around).   The producers get money from sponsors.  There are some that do a sponsor split, so they still pay the network, just not out of pocket.

    i think i need a birddog/wholesaler to connect me to the authors - lol

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.