Ant Farm: Have you ever gotten a lead from a sanitation worker?

Ant Farm: Have you ever gotten a lead from a sanitation worker?

Real Estate Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2010 · 415 posts · 484 votes

I'm dusting off some of my older marketing materials, and I stumbled upon a flyer that I had written to give to as many garbage-men -- oops, sorry..."sanitation workers!" -- as I could find, but I never pulled the trigger on it.

I didn't seem to have any luck getting letter carriers to help me; maybe because of the nature of their employment they are not allowed to do that sort of thing. But I thought for sure a sanitation worker would have no such issues.

I figure these guys are a better source of vacant and ugly houses than anyone because they presumably cover more ground than letter carriers (visiting a neighborhood once or twice a week instead of six times, ergo more neighborhoods per week?).

Has anyone reached out to these people with any success?

Here's the copy of my flyer, but keep in mind it's not formatted here like it would be when printed:

Give me a "special address,"
and I'll give you $500 to $1,000!

So, what's a "special address," and why is it worth as much as thousand dollars?

The simple fact is that I'm a real-estate investor. Specifically, I buy houses that need to be fixed up. If you can help me, I'll certainly make it worth your while.

You see, I had a thought the other day…I thought that, given the work you do, you probably know of just about every vacant or beat-up house in the area.

If that's true, then all I would ask you to do is give me the addresses of these vacant or beat-up houses. All I need is the "special address," and I'll take it from there.

If your lead turns into a deal for me, I'll pay you between $500 and $1,000.

Yes, it's really that simple...
And here's what you're looking for:

1. Vacant houses…these are the best!
2. Houses with grass that has not been cut in forever...
3. Houses with mail and newspapers piled up...
4. Houses that have been neglected for a long, long time...
5. Houses that are the "eyesore" of the neighborhood...you get the idea!

If you're interested, call me on (xxx) xxx-xxxx and I'll tell you how this can work.

Believe me…I am very serious about this. This kind of real-estate investing is how I pay my bills and keep my family fed, so if you help me, then I want to help you. In fact, I want this to work so well that I'm writing you many, MANY checks!

You won't mind making an extra trip to the bank once in a while, will you? Well, get ready to do just that, because I'll give you...

$500 to $1,000…just for giving me an address!

Thanks for reading. I hope we speak soon.

[signature image]

P.S. Remember, all I need is the address for a beat-up or vacant house. If the deal works out, I'll write you a check for at least $500 -- and maybe as much as $1,000. I'm the real deal, so let's talk today. Call me on (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Thanks!

4Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    LOL, very good!

    In Missouri, anyone who facilitates a real estate transaction for any fee is required to have a real estate license......sorry, but it's always worth mentioning.....that includes birddogs, but not all states are as strict.

    Aside from that, very good presentation.

    Don't forget the mailman, utlity workers can sometimes help, I use to have a police officer let me know what was going on in neighborhoods (without compensation)

  • Rehabber / Flipper · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2010 · 597 posts · 259 votes
    15y

    Paul, that seems like genius to me. I may steal your idea.

  • Real Estate Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 74 posts · 17 votes
    15y

    I've never done it but that's a fine marketing tool there! I might use it myself and if I were a sanitation worker, I'd be bringing you addresses! Pull the trigger!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.