Buy and Hold in South Florida from NJ

Buy and Hold in South Florida from NJ

Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2013 · 88 posts · 7 votes

I currently own a duplex in NJ, I live in one apartment and rent the second one. I have about 30% equity in my current property. I tried to purchase a second property in NJ but my debt to income ratio is too high. Especially with NJ Real Estate Taxes. (Hard Money Lenders require 30% down payment (which I have) and 6 months of reserve which I don't have). 

Should I continue saving and buy a property up here where I would be able to manage it or should I buy in south Florida and hire a property manager?

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
5 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    8y

    @Mina G.  You don't need liquid for reserves. You can use 401k or stocks account.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.