Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Marketing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Gero Alonso
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
NATIONAL TENANTS

Gero Alonso
  • Miami, FL
Posted

Hello everyone im having a bit of struggle as regards finding national tenants for my property , im not talking about gigantic compass such as apple or wells fargo. But im referring to local banks , Great expressions dental centers , and many others mid size tenants. What i thought was to call them and offer my property but i don't know where to call or what is more important who to ask to talk to. thank you .

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied

I would contact some local commercial brokerages.

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied

Gero,

National tenants have certain demographics, traffic counts, going home versus going to work sides, sight line requirements, number of parking spaces, etc.

You center might not be prime for them. I would have to see the location and area to know.

Have you tried calling the real estate departments for these companies?? You can usually submit a site package and then call for follow up. They will give you reasons as to why the site works or doesn't work. Maybe it is something you can fix and maybe it is not possible with that property.

All strip centers would love national tenants with corporate guarantees but they want to be in the best locations. Sub-standard locations or older centers tend to rent to mom and pop tenants and also national concepts but franchisee tenants. Make sure your asking rent per sq ft is not out of line with the area. Sometimes owners will be comparing rents per sq ft to a corner strip center location with traffic from two sides, an anchored shopping center with a Wal-mart, Kroger, Publix etc., or the owner has two levels and the space upstairs is for rent and they are not making a deduction for that.

Lot's of variables come into play that make a difference.   

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Diaz
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied

Does anyone know of a good book that talks about all of this?