Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tenant Screening
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Carlos Lez
Votes |
Applicant with ESA

Carlos Lez
Posted

This is the first time I am receiving an application for an applicant for a studio with an ESA Cat. There are numerous posts about ESA laws but I am unsure as to what is the latest in Palo Alto CA. What documentation should  I request? Additionally, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share addendum to include in the lease regarding the ESA animal.

The building has carpeting all over and we have a no pet policy. What can I ask in terms of how to carry the animal around to prevent anyone else complaining of allergies and such? I mean, can I ask them to always carry the pet in a carrier and not put them down on the carpet?

Please bear with me as I am navigating this for the first time but don't want to be caught in the crosshairs and still protect myself and the property.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Loading replies...