This is a detailed breakdown of my very first deal.

This is a detailed breakdown of my very first deal.

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Mobile.

Purchase price: $20,500
Cash invested: $10,000

In my beginning stages of wholesaling I came across 2 single family homes on the same lot and came into an agreement with the owner at $1,500.00 down and $645/month with the total price being $20,500. I am recently wholesaling in order to fund the repairs with my assignment fees.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Even though they aren't duplexes, the are on the same lot. I can put them on section 8 and keep a close eye on them because they're so close together. One is a five bedroom and the other is a 3 bedroom so I think they'll be good for monthly cash flow.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I was wholesaling a property for a tired landlord that I found on craigslist. I spoke with him in length, telling him my plans on buying and holding. He then presented me with the offer of the 2 houses. They were gutted to the studs buy I just wanted to get my foot into the real estate world. I currently wholesaled 3 of his properties and I'm looking to assign another one here first.

How did you finance this deal?

This deal was done through owner financing. A vendor's lien deed was recorded by me at the probate courthouse.

How did you add value to the deal?

I am taking a blighted property and restoring it in order to bring up the value of the houses in the surrounding neighborhood.

What was the outcome?

I'm still working on the rehab but it's beginning to move along quicker.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I overleveraged myself in the beginning but now I'm house hacking and acquiring more assignments fees for the rehab.

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
5y

Nice!!

And your purchase price! Is that the average SFR price for that area and/or the whole state??

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    5y

    Nice!!

    And your purchase price! Is that the average SFR price for that area and/or the whole state??

  • Kevin PaulkPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 174 votes
    5y

    Congrats !

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Down here in Alabama you can find many houses for under $30k. You can buy houses for half that price if they need to be renovated. I'm from Houston Texas but I want to stay in the Mobile market because a beginner can make a fortune from cashflow off of these small houses. My only regret is that I didn't go the way of the tax deed. a colleague of mine bought a tax sale property for $800.00. Through research he found that no heirs are coming to redeem the property. Now he rents it out for $650/month and he only had to make about $2,000 in repairs.

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Congratulations @Ugo Okafor You have done the smart thing by getting started, many people never get started. 

    Your next deal will be better because of the momentum and experience you have gathered.

    I am looking to Buy in Tuscaloosa near a college or high traffic area. 

    Please reach out when you find a great deal. I am able to close in 7-days.

    Keep winning man and let's connect. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.